Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump control

Hello folks,

I introduced myself last week and now I'm looking to pick your brains!!

I've got a 250ltr Brodex set up in my van and tomorrow I should be taking delivery of one of these snazzy little hot water heaters http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Useful-Portable-6L-LPG-Propane-Gas-Tankless-Instant-Hot-Water-Heater-Boiler-/151867918138?hash=item235c08873a:g:0McAAOSwAYtWMyZe

M only worry is that when my pole gets disconnected I've noticed that my pump keeps running and I can feel the pressure building in the hose until I reconnect my pole. Not sure this is a good thing!

So, my question is, is there something I can buy that will cut out the pump when the pressure builds?? Then I can get a tap at the pole end and I can turn the bugger off between houses!!!

Here's a pic of my pump if it helps :)

View media item 23
Thanks

View attachment 5629

View attachment 5630

What do you mean by disconnecting your pole, also, do you use a controller?
Well, by disconnecting I mean when I'm pulling it along and it snags and the connector comes apart!!!

Controller??? No. My pump switches on/off at the pump and that's it. That's what I'm looking for, something other than an on/off switch that will knock it off when water isn't required such as between properties.

I'd get a Shurflo pump and a Spring controller personally with a tap on your pole. When you turn the water off the controller will tell the pump to stop. That's what you are wanting I guess?

I'd get a Shurflo pump and a Spring controller personally with a tap on your pole. When you turn the water off the controller will tell the pump to stop. That's what you are wanting I guess?
That's exactly what I want, thanks

Hang on a minute, there is a controller in your pic. Have you tried to see if it works?
IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)

Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

That has a **** that turns the flow up/down and by pressing it it turns the flow on/off but, if I disconnect my pole so that the water has nowhere to go, the pump keeps pumping!!!

IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

That has a **** that turns the flow up/down and by pressing it it turns the flow on/off but, if I disconnect my pole so that the water has nowhere to go, the pump keeps pumping!!!
Asterisk bonkers around here!!!! ****!! and ***

IS THERE???? Well **** me (stands back in amazement!!!/emoticons/smile.png)Do you mean on the right, the black plate??

Does the pump keep pumping if you turn the k *** to off?

Does the pump keep pumping if you turn the k *** to off?
Err? Yes?? If I turn the **** all the way anticlockwise it reduces the flow to virtually nothing. If I turn it all the way clockwise I get a flow like a racehorse!!!!

What I want is something that cuts out the pump if the flow gets blocked by a tap at the end of my pole?

The controller should do that
Well it doesn't. Well, it might but not very quickly and I'm a bit dubious about just leaving it running to see if it stops. I kind of expect it to stop within a couple of seconds as opposed to minutes!!!!

Back