Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fly And Insect Poo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

deno

G'day blokes,

I hope to be doing some wfp at the start of next year, but one of the concerns i have is fly and insect dirt/poo.!

at the moment i have a non scratch blue scourer in my pouch, which i can quickly whip out and rub said mess away,

sometimes it takes a lot of scrubbing.! i'm not sure if you have much of this on your windows over there but it's on lots of glass here

are some brushes better than others for removing this?

do you have any problems with insect droppings when wfp cleaning or any other stubborn marks?

Cheers

Hi Deno, for removing the more stubborn dirt on the glass quickly, such as what you mention, you will need a brush with absorbent monofilaments/bristles, i.e. Nylon brush filaments are absorbent and Polyester filaments are not, a Boars Hair brush is very good as well.

You shouldn’t have any problems; the combination of pure water and using the correct brush and a bit of elbow grease gets it all off. There are also accessories such as a wfp brush scraper, mini scrub pad or you can attach some Velcro to the end of your brush, you will only use these accessories very occasionally

Richard

Hi Deno, for removing the more stubborn dirt on the glass quickly, such as what you mention, you will need a brush with absorbent monofilaments/bristles, i.e. Nylon brush filaments are absorbent and Polyester filaments are not, a Boars Hair brush is very good as well.

You shouldn’t have any problems; the combination of pure water and using the correct brush and a bit of elbow grease gets it all off. There are also accessories such as a wfp brush scraper, mini scrub pad or you can attach some Velcro to the end of your brush, you will only use these accessories very occasionally

Richard
Thank you Richard, much appreciate it.

bird poo easily comes off... and stubborn marks come of easily all u do is scrub rinse scrub rinse /emoticons/smile.png

doesnt take long at all

u get used to it /emoticons/smile.png

Back