Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

LEAVE EM

Sounds like a lot of work that dave? Mine are all told from the start it's 4 weekly but it could be monday or Friday depending on weather and general life. They get done every 4 weeks and I just turn up when I can or what suits me.

I think whatever way you do it as long as they are conditioned from the start it's fine

everyone is different

i personally never text, phone anyone

simply because they can red card you

this time of year they have more important things on there mind plus cash could be tight

clean them give them all the crack get paid plus tips happy days

everyone is differenti personally never text, phone anyone

this time of year they have more important things on there mind plus cash could be tight

Same here duncs :thumbsup:

Don't give them the luxury of saying no !

I really am starting to struggle with all the whining about 'OH NO A CUSTOMER SAID SKIP IT!' it has and will continue to happen to every single window cleaner in the country for as long as there are windows to clean.

@Poles Apart your first example from how you have explained her is a single mum, it is coming up to Christmas my suspicions are perhaps the purse strings are a bit tight at this time of year for a single mom but perhaps she is a little too proud to say 'sorry, money is real tight as I am trying to give my kid a good Christmas is it OK with you if we postpone till next time?'

But no, that's not ok, we must 'teach the b!tch a lesson'

However if you wish to throw away the £72 she's going to put in your pocket next year for a few minutes work then that is your business entirely.

I get the occasional 'can we skip this one?' for various reasons, and I do, after all I have no choice, I cant force them to have clean widows, so I listen to the reason and say 'see you next time' If and when it becomes a regular thing with any one customer then it's time for a chat and an explanation as to how your round works (politely) if they can't get on board after 'the chat' then perhaps it's time for you and that customer to go your separate ways with no hard feelings (you sure don't want them slagging you off to neighbors)

You want the reputation of 'Oh, Rick the window cleaner? Yes nice chap!' ---- Not 'What Rick the window cleaner? Stay away from that one luv he's a right mardy ba$tard!'

But each to their own, if you feel the overwhelming desire to 'Teach the b!tch a lesson' well who am I to tell you otherwise?

Picked up a customer in the summer lives across the road from me single mum but works, said her ladder man wasn't doing half the windows? I did her a favour by saying I'd do them for £12 every 8 weeks. I texted her today saying I'll be over tomorrow and can she leave the gate open? She text back saying 'Hi Ricky, can you leave them til January as they're not that bad. So what I'm going to do is not contact her until she phones me when they are filthy then charge her £25.:laugh:
Had one yesterday do the same, it was the fifth phone call I had made in a month trying to do this job, each time the excuse is 'were in and out', I asked them if I could call round tomorrow as the husband was supposed to be in so I phoned last night to confirm, the wife answered the phone I said 'high it's Rick the window cleaner what time can I call round tomorrow?' She shouted over to her husband ' Ian, the window cleaners on the phone do you want them done tomorrow or do you want to leave it till the new year'? Husband shouts back 'leave em till the new year'. 5 wasted phone calls SACKED!!!:laugh:
I think you did right on both counts PolesA.

Exhibit A, single mum. Wants a window cleaner on an as and when basis. At £12 a time shes not exactly paying enough for that privilege in my book. Previous windy probably did the windows just fine, but didn't put up with her nonsense.

Exhibit B, dumbarse. 5 calls is just a waste of your time, which equals money. Unless its a big job you won't get that money back, and even if its a regular small job, she will forever be a burden by the sounds of it.

My alarm bells are ringing on both of these and its not even me that took the calls. If you don't need the work then why faff about with anything less than a great customer, they are just taking the slot that could otherwise be taken by someone that just lets you do your job.

Why clean the windows of customers who say next time please when you can replace them with every six weeks please. Customise the round to suit you, that's what being self employed is all about

I really am starting to struggle with all the whining about 'OH NO A CUSTOMER SAID SKIP IT!' it has and will continue to happen to every single window cleaner in the country for as long as there are windows to clean.
@Poles Apart your first example from how you have explained her is a single mum, it is coming up to Christmas my suspicions are perhaps the purse strings are a bit tight at this time of year for a single mom but perhaps she is a little too proud to say 'sorry, money is real tight as I am trying to give my kid a good Christmas is it OK with you if we postpone till next time?'

But no, that's not ok, we must 'teach the b!tch a lesson'

However if you wish to throw away the £72 she's going to put in your pocket next year for a few minutes work then that is your business entirely.

I get the occasional 'can we skip this one?' for various reasons, and I do, after all I have no choice, I cant force them to have clean widows, so I listen to the reason and say 'see you next time' If and when it becomes a regular thing with any one customer then it's time for a chat and an explanation as to how your round works (politely) if they can't get on board after 'the chat' then perhaps it's time for you and that customer to go your separate ways with no hard feelings (you sure don't want them slagging you off to neighbors)

You want the reputation of 'Oh, Rick the window cleaner? Yes nice chap!' ---- Not 'What Rick the window cleaner? Stay away from that one luv he's a right mardy ba$tard!'

But each to their own, if you feel the overwhelming desire to 'Teach the b!tch a lesson' well who am I to tell you otherwise?
If you read the post I did say I am willing to continue but I can't remove 3 months worth of dirt for the same price, this was filthy when I took it on but I didn't charge a first clean price think I've been more than fair.

everyone is differenti personally never text, phone anyone

Don't know how you can organise a window round without contact? What happens if you just turn up and it's a job where you have to go through the house or a garage? I wouldn't just want the front of my house doing? Also I can arrange payment by texting or phoning, can't understand how anyone can run a round by not notifying?:eek::confused:

For me it's essential nowadays to have contact with customer thru text / email - if your worried about getting cancelled then there is something wrong with the service you are offering - most customers text back 'great thanks ' plus can you do gutters or insides etc - also for online payments you can text to remind any late payers

we don't have any tx aheads any more ive dumped them , all ours are just pull up and clean , if we need to get over gates we use little gaints 5 runners . just a quick flick out and lift over the top , up and over we go . no going though garges and that ******** ill leave them for the guys that need the work rock up clean and on to the next one

' need the work ' ??

Just text my £90 Job for tommorow morning

Cheque will be written out and coffee ready ...

Don't know how you can organise a window round without contact? What happens if you just turn up and it's a job where you have to go through the house or a garage? I wouldn't just want the front of my house doing? Also I can arrange payment by texting or phoning, can't understand how anyone can run a round by not notifying?:eek::confused:
works well for me got loads of gd work

everyone has there own ideas

Back