Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Frames And Window Sills?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that looks like an £8 to £10 house where i clean.

although £15 would be nice. lol

i would be charging about £ 65. to do the lot on that house.

im i close....?

That one I'm starting at 10 am and should take about 4-5 hours to complete properly so charging £160 for a one-off full exterior deep clean. .

Thereafter if asked would charge £15 for a 4 weekly window clean. But to honest I'm not that bothered if they want the windows cleaned regularly as most of my work is one-off's.

That must be why I'm so slow on my first cleans, I always do a deep clean but don't charge any extra, will have to change the way I work or charge extra.
I use to do this when I first started but some people only want one or two cleans then drop you so you end up spending over an hour doing them for just £7 or something its doesn't always turn out like this but theres some sneaky people about and will take advantage

That one I'm starting at 10 am and should take about 4-5 hours to complete properly so charging £160 for a one-off full exterior deep clean. .
Thereafter if asked would charge £15 for a 4 weekly window clean. But to honest I'm not that bothered if they want the windows cleaned regularly as most of my work is one-off's.

i totally agree if u can get it then great,
i also love one off cleans,

Yep one-off's like that are my bread & butter jobs now, In the end that job took just under 5 hours to do so I wasn't that far out.

Also as the customer was so pleased with the job so asked me to do the windows every 4 weeks.

During our chat customers also wants the exterior top half painted & the bottom half brickwork re-pointed, cleaned and sealed so will sub that work out to someone I know.

Happy Days /emoticons/smile.png

I'm with Smurf on the pricing there. I to would charge £15 for the regular window clean. I done a job similar to this on Tuesday, regular window clean plus a deep clean of gutters fascias and soffits, charge £140 in total and the client was thrilled when they saw the results. But then have quoted another job like this before and they expected a maximum charge of £50 haha!!! Needless to say it never got done!

As for the upvc cleaner, I use a cream cleaner from Mr Plastic and apply with a damp clean cloth, always does the job for me, though may take a look at some other products to see what they're like /emoticons/smile.png

Indeed...

Some ppl want work done for next to nothing but they do not realise how much effort & hard graft it is to do a proper job.

I've had new prospects say "oh that seems expensive" then gone away to get other quotes. Some I never hear from again but some do call me back. Then I normally say sorry I'm too busy to fit you in this month.

Best ones to have are recommendations and repeat customers as saves a lot of messing about giving new quotes.

Each to their own H as at the end of the day it's what customers are happy to pay that counts.

Smurf, to get the shine back would CIF do it?

I just did some sills today for a favour and they have lost the shine. I bought some CIF today to try, does it work to give it a shine again.

I would check now but it is dark and raining /emoticons/tongue.png

i use astonish upvc cleaner got it of ebay brilliant stuff great on frames even had a gutter and fascia clean yesterday were there was stained water runs on the fascia and there was a bit above a conny that I couldn't get to with ladders I put a squirt on my wfp and scrubed and came up brilliant

I've just orderd 3 bottles of Grime Blast and have got a few packs of Non-scratch silver scourers from Asda. Hope this will do the job with abit of hard work.

I've found old plastic you can get back most to looking white again but make it shine no not really.

Newer plastic I find is much easier to clean as underneath the grime is generally a shinny finish to start with.

As long as it looks cleaner than when you started and customers are happy then all good.

I just did some sills today for a favour and they have lost the shine. I bought some CIF today to try, does it work to give it a shine again.

I was told cif was to abrasive, stuff I use like a lemon cream cleaner, just not as abrasive lol.

I might try cif when I run out of this stuff I got, about same price, but the guy in shop prob wanted me to buy his stuff rather then cif lmao

I don't use ciff either gmeister but again it's down to personal choice what ppl prefer to use.

I've just booked in this full exterior deep clean that I quoted last week. The customer had been away so only called back just now to confirm which was a nice surprise.

To be honest it's going to be a nightmare of a job to do so just wondering lads how much you would charge to clear all guttering, deep clean outside of guttering, fascia, windows, doors, conservatory including conservatory roof on this one?

View attachment 1776

View attachment 1777

that conny looks a bit of a nightmare also the guttering above, i suppose this is where the conny ladder is a great advantage .id want a minium of 200 pending the custy i might go 250

Back