Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

AT what TDS do you switch the twin DI vessels around?

slippy

I have a TDS of 240 in tap water. On one DI vessel filled about 250 litres then TDS went from 0 to 5. Seems to have stayed on that, until what TDS can u clean windows at? WHen it gets to that will switch DI vessels around.

Also, when filling DI vessels with resin, I heard on 11 litre ones, fill with 8-10 litres of resin. Is it worth measuring the litres of resin to get the right amount in?

I think it is personal preference really everyone has their limit to how hight they let the TDS go. Obviously keeping at 0 is best. I have cleaned with it at 10 before with no issue but I would say no more than 5 is best but as said better to stay at 0 if you can.

I had 11 ltr di's never measured how much I put in to be honest.

I just fill my DI thanks with resin. When they're full - that's the right amount of resin.

240ppm is high for DI only. You are going to use a lot of resin that way. You should probably think of getting an RO unit when you can.

TDS only tells you how many solids are in your water, not what they are. So, if you have a very low percentage of calcium and magnesium in your area, then a TDS of 10ppm may be fine. If the percentage is high, then 10ppm will spot on the windows. So, no-one can answer that question for you unless they are using the same mains water supply as you.

Back