Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone trad with fairy..found a bargain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I used to use Fairy, but found that it goes 'gloppy' in the cold. I now use Persil and it's much better. It isn't always the cheapest that's best.

I don't use it but saw it so took a pic

I use asda zesty lemon and flash gel concentrate

2x1l bottles of washing up liquid and 1 small bottle of flash

Stopped using it ages ago as it ruined my hands but nowadays i only have pure in my bucket and soap goes direct on to applicator so my hands don't get battered

Daveyboy in my local BnQ, the other week they had Squeggee Off for £2 a bottle on reduced becasue I assume they could not sell them. So I brought 4 or 5 bottles and have been trying it out recently. Its good in my opinion, but I am a fairy trad-er and I still rate fairy over SO.

I've never used Pure water in my bucket and I've never used flash either. In my opinion, its not what you use that makes the differernce, its the quality of the work.

I've never used Pure water in my bucket and I've never used flash either. In my opinion, its not what you use that makes the differernce, its the quality of the work.
My work is always quality lol

I use flash and washing up liquid as i like the combination of slip and cleaning power on dirty frames

Pure i find behaves differently and tries to pull itself away from the edges which helps with 0 detailing with liquidators

I work by adding my soap mix to the applicator which has been wet in my bucket of pure

It always has enough slip as i adjust to weather and heat etc as needed

Just use more soap on applicator if it stops feeling slippy or less of it is too hot

I only need a blob at a time..work it in to the applicator on the window and that will be enough for a few windows until you feel you need a spot more

Easy once you get used to it and not wasting soap in a bucket

Just play around and experiment

See what suits you

We all work differently

What suits me may not suit you

Just use more soap on applicator if it stops feeling slippy or less of it is too hotI only need a blob at a time..work it in to the applicator on the window and that will be enough for a few windows until you feel you need a spot more

Easy once you get used to it and not wasting soap in a bucket
Do you not use a lot of soap that way if you have to apply to washer every few windows?

I use squeegee off and it is very expensive in Ireland. Thinking of going to washing up liquid.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It is literally a tiny blob on the applicator and work it in on the glass

If i was 100% trad i wouldn't even use a small bottle in a week

Back