Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo pump positioning

johnny bravo

after viewing many videos and pics why do some have there pumps inlet outlet s facing downwards, then some have them facing upwards. is there any difference in performance.

hose from pump to reel, will garden hose do or will i best using something more flexible, anyone use different hose, if so can i get it local diy outlets,

thanks

Johnny, As Duncs said , Keep the pump down low as it helps to reduce air locks. The hose from pump to reel, I used 1/2" garden hose in the DIY Thread but I later changed it to the same microbore that I had on the reel as the garden hose wasnt very flexible. The microbore is much more user friendly. I put enough on to take the reel out of the van, but never take it out now. Too much bother. I used these fittings.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Quick-Release-Straight-Through-Coupling-with-6mm-Hose-Barb-QRM_COUPLING_6MM.html

ill just get set up. as time goes on ill work out how to make life easier, the hose reel weighs more than the 25 litre water drums, for filling backpack. this is what im trying to reduce lifting these water barrels in and out of car to fill backpack. i hope to fill backpack from hose from tank in van, no more lugging weight about.

hopefully ill stop lifting hose reel in and out of van. experience will soon help with this.

ill place pump head down , as near water tank.

i,ll be looking at placing controller nean rear doors, easier to turn on and off.

looked around diy outlets today cannot find fittings to clunck click reel into van, dont you lift your reel out at all duncs, , do you just bring a load of hose out in one go, this is something i will have to master, ill probably end up lifting it in and out, all being new to me

Latest Posts

Back