Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan Or Pencil

Fazza123

Hi folks !!

Im trying to start out with my system,trying being the operative word here! My first problem has been my brush jets? I cant seem to get a straight answer from my mates about which jets are best for using?

What is the difference between fan and pencil jets ?

I was using a broadex but ive just bought a vikan fan jet, any help would be much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!

Also does everyone use 2mm pencil or do some people drill them a little bigger?

I was told WF was easier but i think ive hit every snag there is ?? one problem at a time thou lol

Cheers

I use pencil jets and they work fine for me. The difference between fan and pencil is that pencil jets spray a thin jet of water and fan jets spray a fan.

As long as you're getting a decent flow of water it doesn't really matter which you have.

i find pencil jets are alot better, they are more powerful and seem to use less water for rinsing down,

if it is windy then the spray from the fan jets just goes everywhere and not always on the window,

Thanks ! Pretty much what i thought but i cant believe the stuff im being told?

Surely the pressure on thye pump defines how much and how fast the water comes out of the brush?

At the risk of these questions sounding silly to some folk there questions im getting a mixed response from my friends?

Cheers all

Lots of guys trying the new Gardiners low pressure fans just now, so cheap that you can try them for yourself for less than a pint of beer. /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks ! Pretty much what i thought but i cant believe the stuff im being told?

Surely the pressure on thye pump defines how much and how fast the water comes out of the brush?

At the risk of these questions sounding silly to some folk there questions im getting a mixed response from my friends?

Cheers all
not silly questions at all, being new to the game you have to ask these things and this is what we are here for,

2mm inner diameter on the pencil jets - for the water to enter then exit - and a 5mm outer diameter or hole in the brush, to fit the pencil jets

2mm jets can give you a water flow rate 0 through to a little over 4 litres a minute with 100psi pump, so you can vary the water flow to your working speed.

Richard

Have to say I'm liking these new fans, water goes on the glass better and I think I'm using less of it, just need to get a full day in to confirm this.

I have not made up my mind yet i also think that gardiners fans seem to use less water i have only used the fan jets for 2 days now so early doors but i do like them so far

If you can't decide on which type of 'jets' to buy......

Why not fit 'fan' and 'pencil' jets into your brush.

You'll then have a choice of jets for different types of glass, simply by dis-connecting/re-connecting the feed pipe on the brush.

Simples /emoticons/smile.png .

I had the red Gardiners ones come today. I only had time to try them on the front of my house and I must say I'm slightly disappointed. I was assuming the water would kinda spray more than jet. I had the pump on 50 and there was no difference between pencil and fan. I turned it up to 60 and noticed a slight difference, but not one I was expecting.

Maybe they need a high flow to work? I dunno, but I'm working tomorrow so will have a play about.

Back