Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan Or Pencil

Strange, I've turned my pump down slightly and definately getting a fan of water. Finding them pretty good to be honest. Even think I'm using less water which will save me money. /emoticons/smile.png

very strange i also find the red ones work 1000% better compared to the ones i just took out which was the clear ones

Bingo the last time I couldn't decide between 2 things so I had both of them,it cost my relationship /emoticons/wink.png
Hey Faz,

Should make sure you have answers ready /emoticons/wink.png .

Tell the Mrs that while your on the job, you'd like to try a bit of both :huh: .

If she starts to look worried/shocked /emoticons/ohmy.png or disgusted :wacko: by your revelation, you must reply quickly with........

''I mean, while I'm on the job cleaning windows, I'd like to try both the Fan Jets and Pencil Jets''...... /emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png .

Cheers Richard, do you find 2mm is ok or do you buy or drill a little bigger ?

Hi Kris,

Your brush will be dispatched today; hopefully you will get it Monday.

The brush has 2mm Pencil jets; I recommend using at least 2.3 litres flow rate as a minimum, if you find yourself flying through your work, turn the water flow rate up accordingly to your speed.

Cheers Richard

I had the red Gardiners ones come today. I only had time to try them on the front of my house and I must say I'm slightly disappointed. I was assuming the water would kinda spray more than jet. I had the pump on 50 and there was no difference between pencil and fan. I turned it up to 60 and noticed a slight difference, but not one I was expecting.

Maybe they need a high flow to work? I dunno, but I'm working tomorrow so will have a play about.
Was still not working how I wanted until I got to my 3rd house this morning. I thought stuff this I've got plenty of water on board lets wack it up to 99. Hey presto air bubbles coming out for a while then WAM BAM THANK YOU MAM. A beautiful fan of water!!! I find that if you go below 50 it kinda comes through like a pencil jet, above that and it's ace.

Hey Faz,

Should make sure you have answers ready /emoticons/wink.png .

Tell the Mrs that while your on the job, you'd like to try a bit of both :huh: .

If she starts to look worried/shocked /emoticons/ohmy.png or disgusted :wacko: by your revelation, you must reply quickly with........

''I mean, while I'm on the job cleaning windows, I'd like to try both the Fan Jets and Pencil Jets''...... /emoticons/biggrin.png :D /emoticons/biggrin.png .

Hi Kris,

Your brush will be dispatched today; hopefully you will get it Monday.

The brush has 2mm Pencil jets; I recommend using at least 2.3 litres flow rate as a minimum, if you find yourself flying through your work, turn the water flow rate up accordingly to your speed.

Cheers Richard
Thanks Richard, looking forward to using it! I think this should be my last teething problem i have with wfp ? Well I hope so!

Thanks for quick despatch !!

i just use them the same way as i would use pencil jets ,you can use them with just brush on the glass but you dont have to

Back