Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oops! what a plonker

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I somehow managed to fill an empty 1000 ltr ibc with ro waste water instead of pure....

I think di resin is somewhat dead now too...Doh! :confused:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Note to myself RED = Waste Blue = Pure

I somehow managed to fill an empty 1000 ltr ibc with ro waste water instead of pure....I think di resin is somewhat dead now too...Doh! :confused:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Note to myself RED = Waste Blue = Pure
Easily done

At least you noticed before plastering it all over windows - I filled van and two of us did half a day with RO waste - windows were stained had to get ladders off!

Good thing was it was his work not mine

Tried setting a system up years back and my water was dreadful and I couldn't figure it out , seems the waste was slowly making its was into the IBC tank straight into the pure , took weeks to figure it out

smurfs first name is frank../emoticons/biggrin.png

its reading mistakes like that mean we all dont feel so bad when we do them....and we all do em...

Well we all learn by are mistakes I guess or maybe not :rolleyes:

You will never guess what happend to me today whilst I was on a job?

Warning to all us plonkers out there is don't try taking a ladder down from a conservatory roof with a half full bucket still up there. Lets just say it was a bloody good job I had me hard hat on as the bucket came down hitting me on me head.,,WTF ...Oops!/emoticons/biggrin.png

good reason to wear the hard hat!

since reading your posts I think it is better to price higher work slower than my method of price cheaper and work like a nutter.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yep i have had a few near misses like that mr smurf ..easy done..glad to see your still okay..

I think you must have been working with frank lately smurf

Good you are ok though

I felt such a plonker and if the customer had not side tracked me I would not have forgotten it was still up there. Lucky for me he went indoors just before it happened so did not see my little mishap /emoticons/biggrin.png

To top it off frank pulled a muscle in his back when he slipped on the poxy decking :rolleyes:

I have to go back to do a bit more tomorrow thats if I can walk or fred will be going instead... god help us all /emoticons/biggrin.png

I dumped all the waste water (448ppm) out of the tank but had no pure to flush it through afterwards.

I've since filled it back up again with 000 ppm water but taking a reading just now it's 25 ppm./emoticons/sad.png

I have 2 choices I suppose either to dump another 1000 ltrs down the drain and wait another day whilst it fills up again or run it through another di tank which will kill the resin quicker but at least i can fill my van tanks.

What do you think I should do?

25 ppm is about the same ppm when I use to harvest rain water so I know using an inline di tank whilst transferring to the van tanks works OK. The downside it just uses more resin in the process that’s one of the reasons why I went back to using an ro.

Yes I would have thought so as I'm mot on a water meter. Downside is I'm completly out of pure water so either way I have to empty that ibc tank and fill my vans tank for tomorrow. The 300 gpd ro I use takes about 18 hours or longer to fill a 1000 ltr ibc.

That would have been my preferred choice but need my van tanks filled with pure for tomorrow morning (subject to weather).

Anyhow I'm now transferring that 25 ppm water into another ibc as is really too good to waste as that one needs rinsing out too. If my missus asks why I'm now not going out tomorrow I have a good excuse./emoticons/biggrin.png

Could you not run that back through your ro??i don't know about these things but it wouldn't be wasted then

No I've tried it with a high flow rated submersable pump a few years back. It seems that a ro needs good flow rate and more importantly high pressure to work.

Latest Posts

Back