Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chalky white stuff coming from double glazed frames

A

abs

Has anyone experienced this and has anyone solved the problem ? Got a £18 house today and it's a lovely little job but there's white stuff coming from the plastic frame and it's effecting the rinse and how it's drying /emoticons/smile.png

The only time I've come across white stuff is when folks put that and killer powder round their frame at the walls to kill the ants, can be loads of them up here in summer but doesn't sound like that's what your experiencing.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

It's just oxidisation of the plastic mate. A really good scrub usually shifts it, just keep scrubbing 'till the "milk" disappears!/emoticons/wink.png
Does it eventually stop then ? This house has 4 huge bay windows , I better scrub harder lol

Milky Milky /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's one of the most common complaints about wfp cleaners "my windows look worse after they were cleaned" as the oxidiation run-off was allowed to dry on the glass. Same goes for ali frames too as the glass will dry out shite if not cleaned properly./emoticons/wink.png

Milky Milky /emoticons/biggrin.png
That's one of the most common complaints about wfp cleaners "my windows look worse after they were cleaned" as the oxidiation run-off was allowed to dry on the glass. Same goes for ali frames too as the glass will dry out shite if not cleaned properly./emoticons/wink.png
Never normally get complaints so well peed of about this , seen it loads of times , like you say alloy frames can be worse but this milky milky won't bloody stop reckon I'm beat with this house

Does it eventually stop then ? This house has 4 huge bay windows , I better scrub harder lol
Yes, it's basically just the very surface of the pvc which has perished due to sun (UV) and weather. I can only assume the windows are a good few years old? Once scrubbed off, so long as you do them regular it shouldn't be an ongoing problem- at worst you may have to scrub a bit more than usual.

On first cleans you will come across that alot so what I do is pre treat the windows frames & glass with diluted ubik or something similar then scrub them and give em a good rinse. Then go back and do all the glass again.

No house has beaten me yet so I'm sure you will crack it bud

I'll try it again tomorrow and scrub harder if she moans again ill do what I always do to moaners and tell her to fu** off lol

Easy quick test for milky milky is to wet a finger and rub it along the plastic frame.

Easy quick test for milky milky is to wet a finger and rub it along the plastic frame.
I'll show that my customer so I can blame her /emoticons/smile.png can't stop thinking of boobs reading this thread ????

I find just using pure water is no good as takes way too long. After I have used a pre treatment (boost) will rinse using a high flow rate from anything between 2.5 & 5 lpm upto 100 psi.

I find just using pure water is no good as takes way too long. After I have used a pre treatment (boost) will rinse using a high flow rate from anything between 2.5 & 5 lpm upto 100 psi.

I had this issue on a house the other week that I picked up, I walked a stiffer brush on and gave the frames a good scrub and then did my clean as normal. Came up a treat, took a lot longer than I envisaged but at least it'll be a straight forward clean next time I hope Now I've shifted it.

i have been lucky so far but....i always like to use the tap water for a new job first...quite high pressure and then switch to a pure wash...just windows after...will be doing that today...if i ever get off here...:rolleyes:

and of course i always use the keir flick off the frames...

Back