Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is A Day Like Today A Write-Off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dth

Hi

Ive just been out to start cleaning and within 5 mins the pipes on the pole were frozen and ice was forming on the glass on the windows i had just cleaned.

Is there any remedy or is it just a no-no.

How p!ssed of would you be if you paid a tenner for your windows and they were left frozen.haha, Stay at home, what you dont earn today you can earn another day

Went out with all good intentions and gave up pole frozen water trickling and it's starting to snow. Home now with a nice cupper../emoticons/smile.png

You can work upto a point with warm water. However using hot pure runs the risk of thermal shock that could crack the glass if not carefull. Ice will still form on windows as the water goes cold if the outside temp / glass is cold enough. Simples

Some say you can still work using warm water down to about -3 with properties that have the heating on so the outside pain of glass does not tend to ice up. However unheated properties inc unheated conservatories the glass will still start to ice up even using warm water.

The problem you also face using heated or none heated wfp in freezing temps is the residual surface water left on paths etc which can create a slip hazard as it turns to ice. The water doesn't evaporate like it does on sunny days so the water left on the ground will keep on freezing up too. Some water will soak into the substrate if porous enough but best to try and brush away any standing water as quickly as you can in winter months.

Hope this help?

Could ya work with a heater system in the van wouldn't it crack glass

Unless its a matter of life and death' date=' forget it[/quote']totally agreed, a few years ago i would but nowadays........nah!!!! plenty of time to catch up and earn some dosh

Just want you need eh! Some de icer splashing in ya face and eyes.

Only thing that helped me today was fan gets /emoticons/biggrin.png

A they are plastic, so didnt get as cold as the metal jets

B More ommmmph behind them.

I just did the "safe" jobs. Everybody out, and they pay no matter what /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back