Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Do Yours

garyboy

how do you all clean a conservatory roof say the conservatory goes from fence to fence how do you clean the sides of the roof with a pole as cant get the height from the floor do yoh stand on a ladder or small steps.WHAT DO YOU USE HOW DO YOUDO YOURS.....???

depnds if you want to comply with health and safty or not?? if you do, then you have to get podium steps in and use them or if you dont want to comply with it, the just use step ladders, and be very carful!

My steps couldn't fall if you kicked them they have anchor straps on them
that dont matter if they have an anchor strap or not, its the safty rails to stop you falling off them that is the important bit!

^^^ who's been learning /emoticons/biggrin.png I'm guessing after my course I won't use them again

^^^ who's been learning /emoticons/biggrin.png I'm guessing after my course I won't use them again
thats the joys of the training, you get to know the real do's and dont's of window cleaning.

I had one the other day that one side was close to the fence, but they spoke to next door and cleared it with them to go round and clean it from there side, 9 times out of 10 they say its ok, at the end of the day, they end up looking at it from there garden and dont want to look at a dirty roof!!

thats the joys of the training, you get to know the real do's and dont's of window cleaning.
Ive been thinking about going on one of these courses. I dont think it would change they way I work to be honest. I already know I probably break a helath and safety law/rules everyday I go out. If I was to go on one it would only do it to gain commercial work.

Ive been thinking about going on one of these courses. I dont think it would change they way I work to be honest. I already know I probably break a helath and safety law/rules everyday I go out. If I was to go on one it would only do it to gain commercial work.
when you go on one and hear what happens and what goes on with things, it will make you think and change ways you work a bit, even if its just domestic houses you do! just for example:

when parking outside a house and pull out your hose over the path do you put warning signs out warning people that there is a trip hazzard??

if not and someone trips on it and hurts themselfs, with the way it is today that person can sue you for damages etc etc, that could be £100's to £10000's!

but if you put warning signs out and other paperwork etc, then that person that triped will get nothing.

its all about making sure you cover you own backside these days

rcproperty i use a yellow hose and if its in quiete estate with hardly any pedestrians i wont put the cone out,,,, but if theirs a good chance of a pedestrian coming ill leave the cone out

rcproperty i use a yellow hose and if its in quiete estate with hardly any pedestrians i wont put the cone out,,,, but if theirs a good chance of a pedestrian coming ill leave the cone out
like you if no one is going to pass then i just bont put signs out, just keep hose tidy.

when you go on one and hear what happens and what goes on with things, it will make you think and change ways you work a bit, even if its just domestic houses you do! just for example:

when parking outside a house and pull out your hose over the path do you put warning signs out warning people that there is a trip hazzard??

if not and someone trips on it and hurts themselfs, with the way it is today that person can sue you for damages etc etc, that could be £100's to £10000's!

but if you put warning signs out and other paperwork etc, then that person that triped will get nothing.

its all about making sure you cover you own backside these days
Lucky for me in 100% traditional. I know where you are coming from though. Only time I I can remember putting a sign up is when I was doing inside a shop. I would put the ''wet floor sign up''

Lucky for me in 100% traditional. I know where you are coming from though. Only time I I can remember putting a sign up is when I was doing inside a shop. I would put the ''wet floor sign up''
ladders can be just as bad with the h&s in some cases!! lol

I know, Probably worse than wfp. Just the way my ladders sit on my van would breach h&s. Dont get me started on some of the houses i clean lol
actually, wfp are worse than ladders!, go figure that one out!!! for example, i i was working with my 42ft pole, i should fence off an area of 45ft all around me just in case the pole slips and falls!

Back