Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Oranman

Hi to fellow Window Cleaners.

I started in 1987 with the traditional method and it's been very successful. I had a nasty accident in August 2013 which I've recovered well from and am now back to work. It means I have to consider the H&S issues and the future so I'm going to go with WFP for the upstairs of houses and continue traditional for the downstairs. Customers are supportive of my plans as they know I had an accident and recognise that I don't want to repeat it. WFP has been controversial locally because a few users haven't cleaned windows in a traditional way and just view it as earning quick money hosing the house windows down. I will be determined to get the right outcome and traditional downstairs will mean that the customer should be as satisfied as before. A friend of mine will supply pure water for me from the system he uses and I'll be purchasing a trolley system which will suit my work the best.

His view is that a Gardiner wfp is the best for first purchase but I'd like other members' opinions by those who have experience. I've been researching extensively before I make the purchases and transition. Is 8mm ID hose better than 6mm? I assume resistance is less and flow rate higher.

Right, I've waffled enough. All the best, Andy

Hi and welcome to the forum @Oranman I would say if you can afford to get a gardiner pole then go for it. I have used them and many others on here. There are most definitely my preference and many others as we'll. of course there are others out there but for me I loves them.

hi fellow window cleaner ...we all friendly on here.....have a look in the review section very good....me too looking at wfp....of course a lot of idiots out there think you can just connect it to a tap......:eek:

hi fellow window cleaner ...we all friendly on here.....have a look in the review section very good....me too looking at wfp....of course a lot of idiots out there think you can just connect it to a tap......:eek:
oh

Welcome to the forum oranman , Gardiners are one of the best in my opinion they are not cheap but all there equipment lasts longer than other and great customer service too

Welcome Oranman, I use SLX poles by Gardiner. I have never used any other pole apart from a bloody heavy 30' Unger fibreglass pole. I have no intention of using any other pole apart from Gardiner. Buy Gardiner :thumbsup:

Any discount for that Sir Alex? /emoticons/smile.png

Scrub frames up first then the glass then rinse from top of the frame downwards to the seal if you see dotted lines from the drops of water rinse it again and it should disappear if it doesn't give it another scrub and you will be fine, after the first go on the job it will get quicker /emoticons/smile.png

Welcome oranman and good luck in the new direction you are taking.

Do you mind me asking if your accident was work related and, if so, how did it happen. No probs if you dont want to say and sorry for being nosy

Back