Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutted, Missed Out!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vespawho

Talk about gutted, I have been going on gumtree keeping an eye out for any rounds for sale.

Well I just missed out on £1000 of work, established round!!

All because of the Easter hols, i didnt get on there that night :-(

And as work goes it was cheap only 3x as he had injured his leg needed quick sale

Oh well, keep looking!!

Right pain isn't it.....down here 5x or more seems to be the going rate as well, so was good price.
3/4 is what they go for here. I seen one for 4. From what I was told it was priced good. Someone got in there before me though lol

Sometimes that's a good thing as you could have spent out £3000 for rubbish work. /emoticons/wink.png

I would of got the guy i now know down here to check it out for me. He's been a window cleaner 26 years and bought lots over the years, so would have trusted his judgement. All his work is really well priced.

But yes 3K is a lot still to pay out.

I bet if you spent 3 hours a day knocking doors for 1 month instead you could pick up more than 1k of first cleans. I know I could but after saying that I'm rather good at my job and probably do that in the first week :rolleyes:

I bet if you spent 3 hours a day knocking doors for 1 month instead you could pick up more than 1k of first cleans. I know I could but after saying that I'm rather good at my job and probably do that in the first week :rolleyes:
Thats tru knock on doors til u drop lol

Very true smurf, at end of day at least you know you have priced it at what you want. Back to bashing doors! Lol

Always worth having a natter with your existing/new customers like I did this afternoon. Make friends with satisfied customers and you will be surprised how much extra work they will generate for you too. /emoticons/wink.png

Yes the other day i was gutted, but now i think i will just stick with building it up myself. Might take longer but feel from everyone that its the best way to go.

That's why I still like collecting. You meet your customers & chat & as smurf said you build a rapport with them & it's surprising what they get for you.

Not only that posh if you are very good at your job and they like you they can become customers for life too no matter who comes knocking on their door trying to undercut you. Can't beat loyal customers that generate loads of work for you /emoticons/wink.png

Back