Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dog Ears

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dasslr1

94 to go
well i finally got around to having dog ears on my squeegee channels and ...........i can honesty say its fantastic ,defo cuts down on detailing, abit fiddley at first but once you have got it right brilliant .sorry nothing else intresting to say just thought id tell every1 lol .

what did you do to yours, just to try it out i just slightly bent the ends in on the bar!

does seem to pull a little bit more water from the inside edge of the window.

I have seen and heard a lot of windys recommending it but not done it yet.

Is it well worth doing mate?

Its well worth it, doesn't work on all frames but most it does. Just bending the old way works almost as well but either way bend back too much causes drag so just watch for that.

I have seen and heard a lot of windys recommending it but not done it yet.

Is it well worth doing mate?
iv been putting it off for ages cos i didnt want to mess up my channel but honesty its easy and theres alot less detailing wen done right .id defo recomend it .

i spend a little bit to long on detailing sometimes so this should quicken me up .lol
Try angling your blade at about 45° when you get to the sides rather than having the blade horizontal. The 45° helps you to get further into the frame I find.

HI

I am just starting out, I have been reading up and have read about dog ears, when I was watching some videos last week I saw this interesting videp about dog ears and using unger clips!

The guy is a bit dull but go too 2 min in.

I will be trying this instead of damaging my new shiny blades. Seen these clips for just a few quid!!

What's the unger clips for?

I've seen these for sale and wondered what they was
It says there for holding the rubber better/tighter, but this guy in the video puts them in (on the wrong side) and makes dog ears on his squeegee blade! seems better then taken sharp tool and piles to them!!! lol

Try angling your blade at about 45° when you get to the sides rather than having the blade horizontal. The 45° helps you to get further into the frame I find.
yeah iv notice that lol, busy day today so going to see if it cuts my time down i roughly know how long each house takes even if it cuts 5 mins off each house its still better.

It says there for holding the rubber better/tighter, but this guy in the video puts them in (on the wrong side) and makes dog ears on his squeegee blade! seems better then taken sharp tool and piles to them!!! lol
Not really I've tried it and it's no better and you have to mess about every time you change the rubber so takes up more time.
If you just want to try it out bend the channel at the ends the old way, Ihave one done like that and it works very well.

Watch waggas dog earing videos, it's not hard and hey if you ruin it cut the end off and have a shorter blade lol.

Also if you're using the stainless s-channels they're hard to break.

Back