Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvasser

Colley614

I was asked by a friend if I had any work. I told him he could canvass for me but he wasn't interested. Anyway he got his mate to text me and this guy is well up for it so I'm taking him out for a day next Monday.

I'm going to aim a 10 houses each. If we hit that I'll be buzzing. Do you think 20 is do able?

Hoping I sound reasonable here, as opposed to negative, have you met this guy yet? I would want to know what experience he has had in canvassing/cleaning/whatever you will be requiring of him before I let him loose on my business.

Will 20 a day be possible? I would say it is, but realitically it probably won't happen immediately.

I read your earlier thread asking if the one canvasses/one cleans idea would work. I believe it could with the right partnership.

Hope it goes well for you.

John

Thanks, from my posts it probably looks like I'm all over the place. But I am trying to focus on keeping my regulars clean and I'm finding it harder to leaflet and canvass.

If I can pay someone for new work then it frees me to focus on high standards of cleaning. This guys a family friend. He doesn't have experience of canvassing but I'm willing to train him. I've offered him £5 a lead. But I've told him it will be reviewed. If he's good I don't want his head to go down.

20 deals between 2 people is very achievable my suggestion is you dont actually want a sales person but an order taker. In my own personal experience in this game a great gas/electric, double glazing sales person is not really what you want because they are trained to blag and never seem to understand that when people have dirty windows they will say anything to get them cleaned, then when they get what they want and cancel they blame the cleaner. Give him the script and if he wonders away from it reign him in hard.

H I seem to remember offering you a bet about your canvasser not lasting 21 days how long did they last

Back