Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Idea

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sharpy

I had an idea. It came to me in a dream.... no it didn't, but anyway:

I was thinking of offering customers a "Windows & Wheelie Bin" package. So when I quote, I offer a "Just Windows" quote for arguments sake £7 then offer a "Windows & Wheelie Bin" quote for £9. I offer these two options on every quote I do.

Simple, BUT this could increase revenue. I clean even just 5 Wheelie Bins per day at £2 each extra, thats potentially an extra £2,400 per year revenue. For little extra effort. Even if it was only 3 Bins per day, that would be £1500 extra per year. That's a family holiday!

Extra benefit is also that the customer may feel like they're getting a good deal with the "Just Windows" quote and I get a higher acceptance rate /emoticons/smile.png

Anyone tried something like this in the past? Am I a hapless dreamer? Your opinions will be most welcome.

it would be easy enough with existing window customers as you know them .how are you gonna clean their bins

Hand pump pressure sprayer with water & disinfectant mix. With a long handled brush. Just blast it out. Scrub it. Rinse it.

Great idea mate it's got to be worth a go you won't loose anything if it doesn't work, the only problem

Is you need to be there on bin day to clean the bins so could be a bit of a pain unless you got a load of them

wheeliebin cleaning in the uk is heavily regulated and involves permits . there is big fines for dumping waste water etc .you might want to check this out further to advoid trouble . im sure your local council would give you guidelines to rules regulations and permits etc . im using a purpose built wheeliebin trailer supplied by fresh bins .co.uk . have a look at their site theres a video on there . i get most of my work through my bin customers once i get friendly with them i give them a flyer showing all the services i provide and get a lot of work this way.

wheeliebin cleaning in the uk is heavily regulated and involves permits . there is big fines for dumping waste water etc .you might want to check this out further to advoid trouble . im sure your local council would give you guidelines to rules regulations and permits etc . im using a purpose built wheeliebin trailer supplied by fresh bins .co.uk . have a look at their site theres a video on there . i get most of my work through my bin customers once i get friendly with them i give them a flyer showing all the services i provide and get a lot of work this way.
That's unreal! I didn't know. Sounds like it's not worth the hassle. Theres no way I'd buy a massive automated trailer to clean bins for a couple of quid.

I pour my waste water down the drain when i've cleaned windows. A bucket full. There wouldnt be much more than this for a wheelie bin? Would I really get done for washing a bin and tipping the water down a drain?

I'm not sure there would be enough pressure in one anyway mate, best I've found in UK is 90psi, in US 180psi but that wouldn't hold pressure long enough for wheelie bin cleaning mate. I've done tests with one that I put at abot 60psi at full pressure and was nowhere near powerful enough.

you could definitely be fined just ring your local council . ive often seen d.i.y trailers for sale on ebay for 500 quid . theres also a lot of van mount systems but these sell for big bucks . your idea and thinking is great but theres a lot more to consider . imo your method of cleaning bins would be way to slow therefore it wouldnt pay you . with a trailer system a bin can be cleaned in under 3 to 5 mins depending how bad it is .the way your planning could take up to 20 mins for 2.50 .

Sounds like I hadn't thought this through properly! Still, suppose that's what this forums for /emoticons/smile.png

Back to the drawing board!

Back