Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Guys Tradding

Back to that old one again,if you want to be a real window cleaner at least learn to use a squeegee,what about insides,I actually give up saying this oh well each to there own.

Oh yeah Christ. If I was starting out I'd be cleaning anything for money. And did tbh lol.
Fronts for £3.50 lol
Yep I am doing this around the streets where I live so my little brother can take over the round when he's 16 or 17 - will be better than stacking shelves or some other 'McJob' for him I think!

Now if I can only just get more than 6 customers...

I dont carry a squedgee or applicator then when I am asked I say I dont do it. If I am honest although I can do it I am rubbish at it compared to the experts so stick to what I know.

I never do insides as I always lose money. I have lost a few jobs over it but thats fine as I dont want to do it

I trad the bottoms of these houses anyways just a ballache getting the ladders out for 2 houses and then dragging the backpack out just to clean 4 doors .

Dont get me wrong im struggling to gain work at the moment so every penny counts I think its just these moaners having a moan about anything and im sort of resenting doing the job but like I say its £24 for an hrs work and they pay there and then .

You are lossing out bigtime then essex boy by not doing trad as it should be another method you should also be able to do profitably.

As an example I deep cleaned a smallish painted wooden conservatory inside and out that took me less than 2 days to do properly as the frames, openings, glass etc were filthy but earnt myself £400 plus got a £20 tip and expensive bottle of wine too boot.

You are lossing out bigtime then essex boy by not doing trad as it should be another method you should also be able to do profitably.
As an example I deep cleaned a smallish painted wooden conservatory inside and out that took me less than 2 days to do properly as the frames, openings, glass etc were filthy but earnt myself £400 plus got a £20 tip and expensive bottle of wine too boot.
Dont get me wrong, I know there is good money in it but to be honest I am pretty much full and picking up work every day so i just dont need it. I have got my round so off pat now that I do about 11 till 4 for £200 and thats enough.7

I trad the bottoms of these houses anyways just a ballache getting the ladders out for 2 houses and then dragging the backpack out just to clean 4 doors .Dont get me wrong im struggling to gain work at the moment so every penny counts I think its just these moaners having a moan about anything and im sort of resenting doing the job but like I say its £24 for an hrs work and they pay there and then .
When I started out the guy who showed me the ropes gave me some rules:
Never to a commercial job if they want it spread more than quarterly

Until such time that you are full take anything, even for £10 an hour as better to have £10 in your pocket than nothing at all.

Never knowingly undercut another window cleaner no matter how much you want a job

Canvass every spare hour you get and before long you wont have any spare hours.

Never put off any work, do it as soon as you can as better to have spare day once you have earned your money.

That was it

So, what else will you do with your time? unless you are full do it even if it takes you 2 hours. Also, as you get to know people and they trust you, you may be able to convince them to change.

Take it, you might get their neighbours as well

Just been on your site essex boy and see that you have trad gear in your van. I'm guessing you do a bit of trad work too or is that just for show?

i done some trad today on metal frames, well chuffed with it, better outcome than my wfp lol :lol:

i cant do any of the over the rainbow cleaning as its called in the trade. im more of a wet the glass and go left to right and then detail lol

Just been on your site essex boy and see that you have trad gear in your van. I'm guessing you do a bit of trad work too or is that just for show?
Well inspector clouseau, those pics are years old as when I started I bought everything. I have had 2 vans and set ups since then.

I do one tiny conservatory and that's it.

I am not that good at it purely because I never do it

Yep me too but to be honest I was not so good at it up a ladder hanging on for dear life to window sills. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Does that make you trads the Indians?Afraid so. I get told all the time that I'm not a proper window cleaner "where's ya ladda" they cry in their Essex accent.

But I don't care, I will soldier on, me and my trusty pole.

there is room for us all (just not where Iive as we get a new window cleaner per day).

Incoming /emoticons/biggrin.png

Not all jobs you can do with wfp and same with trad so rather than turning work away like shop fronts etc and inside work for instance it's better to be able to use both methods when required. Simples

Incoming /emoticons/biggrin.png
Not all jobs you can do with wfp and same with trad so rather than turning work away like shop fronts etc and inside work for instance it's better to be able to use both methods when required. Simples
I am stuffed with the shops as one guy who has been a WC for 30 years does them all within a 5 mile radius, employing others of course. He is a clever fella as he has given me an office block worth £500 which I can do in a lttle over a day so I dont want to lose it and he knows it.
Its a catch 22, he has to give it to me as I have been a local for 40 odd years and know most people and as soon as he takes it away I will do my best to get his shops, but obviously I will not do it by undercutting him and will not do it whilst I have his lucrative office job.

He's not silly!

Back