Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New system problem with pump help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nash1987

i have a surflow pump with my new system it flashing de code on the controller not sur what this is but water is travelling as far as pump water in. but no water out at other out side just small hose at other side not connected to reel any ideas a friend wired pump to a switch on dash like a taxi sign so it can be turned on and off from cab would this affect pump

Last edited by a moderator:
This "small hose" at the "out" side- does it have a water stop connector on it? If so unless it is actually connected to the hose reel no water can flow through it.

Other than this the controller might need the pressure setting increasing as DE (dead end) is usually when the pump cuts out as it's reached it's pre-set pressure value- which if set too low will cut the pump out prematurely.

it just a small piece hose about 2 feet long no connector on it i had it at 99 on controller for 10 min still no water coming through is there another way to increase pressure its pumping for 2 sec then de code flashing on controller then same thing again on repeat

Can water get to the pump? You've not got an outlet tap on the tank that's closed? Is the tank vented to allow air in so that water can come out?

Yes pressure can be increased, what is the model of the controller?

i disconnected hose from the water in side of pump small piece of plastic pushed through with water connected again pump still flashing de water is flying to pump tap on tank all so open could dirt be inside pump shredded plastic like the piece that pushed out with water controller is cleaning warehouse hydroflo

starting to think that got delivered in the bad snow and i think cleaning warehouse tested before sending so water would be in pump if pump is frozen how could i defrost it thanks for the help have alot of work tomorrow and stuck

i disconnected hose from the water in side of pump small piece of plastic pushed through with water connected again pump still flashing de water is flying to pump tap on tank all so open could dirt be inside pump shredded plastic like the piece that pushed out with water controller is cleaning warehouse hydroflo
I don't understand what you're trying to say with "small piece of plastic pushed through with water." Do you have a strainer before the pump? Something that looks like this?

shurflo-twist-on-strainer-1292-p.jpg

Leave it in the bath for an hour to defrost, I'd initially check the wiring and then check to see if there's any restrictions in the inlet or outlet side plus any adjuster/pressure screws.

What model sureflo is it?

problem wit bushes the small piece plastic they slide into one side is broke think il give them ring tomorrow need to replace pump il have to use old pump for mean time thanks again lads for the help appreciate it thanks again

Latest Posts

Back