Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Pump

Daftoldgit

Anyone used a sureflow wfp pump as a RO booster pump?

I tried it for ten minutes yesterday and it worked a treat, trebled my output of water.

I don't know if they're designed to run for those long periods though?

Sounds like a good idea to me bud, what litre-age before and after per minute?

I currently get about 1.5 litres a minute

Only thing i would be thinking about is what pressure the membrane can take, do you have an inline pressure gauge to see if its kicking out 100 psi through the membrane?

Keir- If I had your output I wouldn't bother with a pump! whats your mains pressure?

mines under 40psi.

the production went up from 250ml a minute to 700 ml a minute - that's - hang on - from 15litre an hour to 42 litre an hour.

as it was just an experiment, I didn't have it set up correctly, I just dipped the RO feed pipe into a container of tap water on my trolley.

So the pump was before the pre filters instead of after, and not connected to the water mains at all

So I guess it could be made to run even better...

biggest bonus- the waste ratio went right down too. (i'm on a meter)

Right gotchya

In that case if i were you i would deffo give it a go, cause if the pump was just drawing off a reservoir then once you connect the hose i reckon you'll double it again, and i doubt you need to worry about the membrane either

i dont know what my tap pressure is, also luckily for me i'm not on a meter

Back