Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone recommend a good safe but light ladder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Got a good ladder over 6 metres extended (3.5 closed) and put ankalad stabilizer on it, but it's bloody heavy, I just want something to just reach 1st floor windows (on rare occasion I do that) and mostly to climb up on roofs. Something safe, but easy to carry.

iv owned both of these and i can tell you ,you defo dont want the top one . its made like a real ladder yes, but everything is made in miniature. tiny D rungs are designed more for a sparrow than a human being. its narrow too. i used one for 1 day only ,not extended much and it was truly scarey to use . fully extended youd be asking for trouble climbing up it.

the bottom one,the trade ladder is by contrast a real no-nonsense beauty, i use the ELT230 as my daily ladder. its what my employees use too. its the right balance of strength and weight, not too heavy but also strong enuf so you feel really safe on it.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Lyte elt230, bought in October when I started up and can't fault it. Got it from Midland ladders , very good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

iv owned both of these and i can tell you ,you defo dont want the top one . its made like a real ladder yes, but everything is made in miniature. tiny D rungs are designed more for a sparrow than a human being. its narrow too. i used one for 1 day only ,not extended much and it was truly scarey to use . fully extended youd be asking for trouble climbing up it.
the bottom one,the trade ladder is by contrast a real no-nonsense beauty, i use the ELT230 as my daily ladder. its what my employees use too. its the right balance of strength and weight, not too heavy but also strong enuf so you feel really safe on it.

Ok looks like this is the one. I did read that the new ones were heavier than the older ones.

This is the one I bought -

Double 3.5m (11ft6) Professional EN131 Trade Ladder

and added the ankalad stabilizer to. As a result, it's now really heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the lyte 230 after boarcity recommended very light ladder holds my 18st frame no bother lol.

Den.

Back