Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what do you use? is a Defender/pickup cheaper then a Van?

sportline

Hi all

I brought a small window cleaning round (1 day a week) using the pole feed system. It came with a van, but I know van insurance is very expensive last quote I did was £1500 (feels like a killer as I’m only paying 350 on the focus ST)

Anyway was thinking I need something that can hold a 500 litre tank (so half a ton), would it be cheaper to have a defender or a pickup truck? Or would the insurance be just as much as I am using it for business?

Was thinking a defender or pickup truck as I will be able to use my no claim bonus plus can still use as a normal car when tank is empty…

And ideas?

A mate of mine who's a roofer swears by his defender, its on a G reg but he has spent a fair bit on it to drag it back from a right ol dog, defenders seem very expensive for their age

I reckon you'll probably find out that it will equal itself all out i.e. Price of insurance on a van versus buying a landy in decent working order or doing maintenance, i have a focus, fair enough its not an st its a 2 ltr tdci but whack a towbar on and get a trailer and off you pop, you could use the towbar after work to drag the fuel tank for your st on any journeys over 150 miles lol, i know 2 people with st's..........fast and very thirsty but the sound ........oh the sound they make lol

why is your insurance so high. are you young or have no no claims.

my insurance was £380 commercial form compare the market or £300 for normal personal use insurance

My insurance on a Renault Trafic is nowhere near the price of yours. If I were you I would shop around for insurance before changing vehicles.

Back