Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommending people

Posh

Do any of you ever recommend people in other trades if asked by your customers. In the last month or so I have recommended a plasterer, a gardener & someone who's on here. All have been a let down which makes you feel bad when you see them. Not phoned or phoned but not turned up or organise to come round to do job but don't turn up. Not recommending anymore. Just not worth it.

I used to but a bit like you I have been let down. I now only recommend people that I really know, and are likely to see again. Whoever you recommend is a reflection of yourself IMO, so you have to be careful. I met a plumber on a painting job once and he seemed like a great guy, and a good plumber. We chatted for a while and swapped cards saying we'ed send work each others way. I've sent about 5 customers his way, and I don't expect any reward or anything...but, the last customer I sent to him said that when she mentioned my name to him, he said he didn't know me. Now that just made me look and feel like a ***** in front of the customer as far as I'm concerned. If someone sent someone to me, I would at least go along with it.

I only recommend mates who have trades and who I know will do a good job and not let customers down. As Tolish said, its a reflection on you. I have a mate, who has been a close mate since we were aged 4 who is always asking me to pass customers his way (he gardens, decorates and does other stuff). He is a larger than life character with a heart of gold who will graft hard. Trouble is, he is so in your face and outspoken he is likely to scare people. For this reason I never recommend him.....dont want any of my customers being upset. Feel bad for not passing work onto him though.

yeh i only have the one who does loads of stuff and so if i dont want to do it ....but i don't think he follows up when they phone....but it gets people off my back...just had one ask me to emulsion inside...nah ....i hate inside.....anything outside okay....preferably with no one in.....:puke:

Back