Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worst Job Ever!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

chilt69

Had a one-off clean today, which sounded fairly straightforward - 7 windows (with secondary glazing), in & out, all ground floor.

Turn up and the windows are fairly large Georgian sash windows, with 2 panel secondary glazing. It took 6 hours!

Absolutely filthy - apparently the windows hadn't been cleaned in 15 years, with the secondary glazing staying in place all that time as well. Couldn't even blast them with the brush, as paintwork flaking & gaps you could put your finger through.

And to top it all, had to work in the rain/sleet.

Been caught out a few times like this before.

I have actually priced a job up over email.

Doing it tomorrow lol

When a job sounds like it’s going to be easy from my experience those are the ones generally that are going to be a real pain in the ****.

Lol, I quoted one the other day, in a rush to get home to park my van. Must have had my eyes closed. Quoted £50 for a conservatory, looked small.

Went back to do it and had to be check the address was right.

3 hours later we have one clean garden centre sized conservatory.

Grumpy cleaner, but happy as hell the customer was.

nowt worse you say to yourself tag it on last one of the day takes ages

If i get there and i,ve under priced the job!!

Before I start i have to tell them change in price other wise your working for nowt

duncs

That how long I can take to deep clean a small one Hotwash but after saying that I get an average £30 - £40 an hour for doing so :laugh:

Lol, I quoted one the other day, in a rush to get home to park my van. Must have had my eyes closed. Quoted £50 for a conservatory, looked small.Went back to do it and had to be check the address was right.

3 hours later we have one clean garden centre sized conservatory.

Grumpy cleaner, but happy as hell the customer was.

Latest Posts

Back