Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ooops!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Oops! Spent nearly an hour trying to get my van off some grass until an very nice man stopped and offered to tow me out of the mud. Lucky enough the van was just by the kerb so his 4x4 stayed on the road or he could have got stuck too.

Moto of the story is folks "think before you go off road" /emoticons/biggrin.png

not good when that happens, when we had the icey cold spell it took me nearly an hour to get back up a drive that was uphill that had about 1/2inch of ice on it, plus frozen gravel under it, had to keep diggin the van out and melting the ice with my hot water!

Indeed chaps,...

God knows why I did it but as soon as I knew I was stuck I kept my cool for once and just put cones out then got my gutter job completed first before trying to get it out of the mud :rolleyes:

Work always comes first you know /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep was a stupid mistake to make but still made sure I got paid first. /emoticons/wink.png

Ah get the money in first worry about the van later like it... /emoticons/wink.png

If you have a compressor let the tyres right down - greater surface area in touch with ground = more grip. Just make sure you can pump em back up after!

edit - I don't mean totally flat just like 50% pressure so they're all ballooney

I also helped a fellow motorist out today who got stuck on this grass verge /emoticons/biggrin.png

Dont think the AA man wanted to call it in to say he was stuck in the mud as would have had the pee taken out of him for weeks :lol:

Indeed chip, to say he was grateful was an understatement. The deal was I would tow him out as long as I could take some pics as thought would be great to share them on this forum after my own ordeal yesterday /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back