Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Never had this happen.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve_C

I was working on a small commercial, this morning, cleaned as normal, but a couple of the old double glazed windows fogged over as I was cleaning them. They were definitely clear before I started and as I finished the condensation was clear to see between the pains? Anyone had this happen to them?

As beaver says, the sealed unit has gone. Not your fault. Condensation is caused by warm, moist air hitting cold and then the moisture condenses. You created the cold surface by putting cold water on the glass. The moisture ALREADY in the unit then misted the glass over. You haven't caused the sealed unit breakdown.

Fret thee not.

Judging by some of the replies, I reckon there's been a bit of celebrating/commiserating over the football involving nectar of the amber kind. lol

Here's me, all sensible (for a change), trying to re-assure our poor fellow window thingy, that it isn't really his fault. Am I winning?

Notify the owner. Asap.

Not yo fault at all, he'll have trouble proving it, so you don't need to worry one bit.

How would he prove you broke seal? He can't hahaha

not your fault obviously same happens when it's sunny and showers.

trouble is if customer thinks you caused a problem.....doesn't really matter if you didn't not! /emoticons/wacko.png

it prob dissipates fairly quickly after, would prob tell them seals gone if mr when see them.

but don't stress, how could you cause something that is just like a shower on a sunny day?

if only there wasn't a drought on, they'd see it first hand......

Latest Posts

Back