Winter Is Coming New Van Or Not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by, Jun 17, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Last winter ( my first one ) I had a few problems which took my van of the road for three days and goes without saying that time of year cost me money.

I have been looking at new vans and not sure what to do, I am debating two choices, spend few hundred and have my van striped down as it only as 67,000 miles on a 56 reg or buy a new one.

When I bought it I paid about 2k and it was fully water proofed as it was used as a meat van, not sure how much this cost but am sure got a bargain, but it was stood for a year so prob should have expected a few probs. I have been looking at the new pug van which is 8495.00 plus VAT ( BLOODY RIP OF VAT ) considering if you buy a car six months old no VAT to pay.

I am taking on contracts left right and center so cant not afford to be worrying about the van how ever I see window cleaners taking 1 - 2 K a week using vans a lo older.

What to do........
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Sep 10, 2012
    Simples, spend a few hundred on your present van!
  3. What do you think the yearly wage would be to justify a new van\?
  4. OoO

OoO Guest

A van is a van.

It's used to transport water.

As long as it clean, dent/rust free and sign written who cares.
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mar 18, 2012
  6. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    If your expanding that much would that van be big enough in couple of years?
    I like new vans & payments keeps your tax payments down, no mots & under warranty, if your earning enough I don't see why not
  7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

back in Jan i got offered a great deal on a new Berlingo crewvan , but i hesitated and thought no no im allrite with my oldie

, i wish i had took it now as soon after my own van had a clutch go and the mechanic who fixed it then messed up other bits. i have finally got it all tickety boo again after weeks of grief , regret not buying that new van when it was on offer