Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Standing order

luc

I want to get as many as possible set up on a standing order how would you go about doing it?

I thought maybe once id built up a relationship with the customer then introduce it or should I do it straight away.

Your thoughts please.

Great if you can do it?:thumbsup: I was thinking of doing it before, but I realised that it wouldnt work for me as my round if often out of sync so I would quickly lose track of which clean was paid.

As above, you'd have to have a concrete round. What if you were ten days late and they were moaning cos they'd paid you? Some big firms by me have their customers set up direct debits, very unpopular with the customers.

It is a pain having to wait for them to transfer funds though. I've always got about 30 or so outstanding.

yes I am working on the problem at the mo..I have got my first dd customer...and as soon as the money is in the windows..come rain or shine..will be cleaned...it is the future as far as I am concerned...

online banking is a bit hit and miss...

one just phoned me now saying the note was ripped and she couldnt see the details so..

I TEXT straight back the details...

I will not be collecting again full stop..

just had one in that I have done today...its great when the idea catches on..:Dand I will push it as much as I can..

they either leave the money or pay online or feck off and get some other windy../emoticons/biggrin.png

still ignoring the renter who agreed the price and left me to it..but I am not doing it unless the money is left...toooooo busy....

I mean I was back at four ish today but not quiet that simple as had two neighbours lawns to cut...

I kept thinking....now would smurfy really cross the road to cut ze greeks grass for a fiver....somehow dont think he would put his shoes on for that...:rolleyes:

Well I signed up my first customer to direct debit tonight they didn't blink at it so it my have some merit, maybe able to use it as an excuse to work in all weather so you don't get behind.

cheapncheerful I've only been collecting twice last month but don't want to at all, feel like I've worked hard enough for there money without going back out to pick it up.

How do you sell DD to them? Do you offer it as a alternative way of payment on the initial sale?

I just told them straight SPC made it sound like there wasn't a choice, I'm only doing it to customers that I have to chase for money I'm making it sound like they don't pay they do but always two or three weeks late, these are the ones.

wish ads master would stop saying so much :rolleyes:
You still seeing that?! Damn it.

Can you also see google adsesne in other areas of the site then? As premium and elite members should not.

its called rapport

i collect about 65% get round them 3 nights per month

and i always let them know whats going on

ie having a baby

falling off ladder

movng house

etc

they all know me buy first name and thats how i like it as they wouldnt change me for someone else for 2 reasons 1. the clean is the best clean they will get /emoticons/biggrin.png and 2 . they know me and wouldnt do that

also tips its class

then theres christmas :)

i say @luc when u give them invoice give them options

paypal

direct debit

bank transfer

leave cash out

i always get paid bar 1 person in the last 4 odd years lol

its probably true that I miss out on xmas tips but...I never liked that anyway..

I charge for the job and do a good job and thats the end as far as I am concerned.

tips are great but come winter time me likes to be home tucked in with a nice whisky in my hand and time to watch my beloved tv in peace...

for now cheapie is going to cane it..make hay whilst the sun shines...

and I canna be bothered to add collecting to the list of jobs I have to do...

got one text me today..hi its caron...

er wtf...who the ..like I HAVE loads of custys and I cant recall em all by name...

lucky for me smarty phone came to the rescue as I had saved the number by address..

another sent me my money online as bill ..bill who..well its eight quid in my bank I will figure it out later...

I think I know who it was...

please peeps use your bloomin address..

got a new bungalow booked in on monday and she isnt back til 12.30 so...that will be done at 12.15 and I will just finish as she comes in to pay me..

its all in the timing.../emoticons/biggrin.png

between that and go cardless its the best way, i think you will always have cusgties who want to pay cash, cheque or normal bank transfer but i suppose in an ideal world you could over time dump those that wont switch and a have a full database of DD, standing order or go cardless

I hate chasing payments and collecting, ive started to say i will collect text time instead, i think its worth not collecting from the outset so thats what im trying to do

Your right adam collecting is not good I'm aiming for a completely free collecting round.

All those late payers on the books after clean three are going to get a stern letter putting them onto DD if they don't like it tuff I will replace them.

All the referral work and canvassing work I'm taking on at the minute will go through the same process three cleans if they are bad payers they go on DD.

Latest Posts

Back