Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A new customer pay me more to clean the trad way

WCF

Help Support WCF:

davewindowcleaner

Turn up this bloke house this morning for a £15 pound clean, this bloke said before I start how was I planning to do it...'' with me pole'' I said.

He said ''I would like like my windows clean the traditional way''

''Why'' I ask...

He had two different windows cleaners who cleaned his windows with wfp.

The 1st window cleaner left load of white spotting and dry drip marks on the windows and done a disappearing act after trying to get hold of him.

The second window cleaner said he doesnt do ladder and promise him the windows would dry clean with the wfp but the same happened again with spotting and dry drips.

At the end of the day he said he just want clean windows and would pay me 10 pound extra if I was willing to do it trad which make it £25.

Now normally I don't like people telling me how to clean their windows but he is such a really nice bloke who can't even walk very well never mind going up the ladder but I did felt a bit bad taking the extra 10 pound because it wasn't that dirty and was very easy to clean.....

Shame really there quite a few window cleaners out there letting us down with the wfp...if customers ring you up to complain then at the very least you should always go back and put it right IMO.

Turn up this bloke house this morning for a £15 pound clean, this bloke said before I start how was I planning to do it...'' with me pole'' I said.
He said ''I would like like my windows clean the traditional way''

''Why'' I ask...

He had two different windows cleaners who cleaned his windows with wfp.

The 1st window cleaner left load of white spotting and dry drip marks on the windows and done a disappearing act after trying to get hold of him.

The second window cleaner said he doesnt do ladder and promise him the windows would dry clean with the wfp but the same happened again with spotting and dry drips.

At the end of the day he said he just want clean windows and would pay me 10 pound extra if I was willing to do it trad which make it £25.

Now normally I don't like people telling me how to clean their windows but he is such a really nice bloke who can't even walk very well never mind going up the ladder but I did felt a bit bad taking the extra 10 pound because it wasn't that dirty and was very easy to clean.....

Shame really there quite a few window cleaners out there letting us down with the wfp...if customers ring you up to complain then at the very least you should always go back and put it right IMO.
Don't feel bad mate. A customer I have just taken on is paying £20 more than he was his previous WFP windy. More time, more money, simples.

Oh here we go again...for the record it's not the method you choose to use but how skilled you are at doing it properly.

Sounds to me trad wins that one though but did you leave any streaks and smears and the favorute complaint I get " the last traditional guy did not get into the corners as are still dirty" /emoticons/biggrin.png

The wfper I got this job from was asked to come back after the owner said he had scratched the glass but he didnt ever come again. Bad business move on my part but I actually defended him as I looked at the scratches, and to me they all appeared to have been done by an overzealous decorator at some stage after painting, looked like sandpaper had done it. But he still wanted trad as there was a lot of spotting too.

That chap sounds like a bit of a pane to me... Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png
I see what you did there smurf. Hes got all the potential to be. I've charged well though and so long as I pick a few more up in the area I'll be sorted.

in that situation i always say, let me do it wfp & if its as bad as the last wc i'll trad it for you always a £10 extra tho & so far my wfp has always been ok fr them but i do have 4 houses i trad cos the frames are so bad & to be honest i really enjoy it

yes as you know I am hybrid but...

I ALWAYS CHECK AFTERWARDS..

yesterday fully wfed a new job and then worked backwards off the ladder checking the result and wiping the frames sills as is my way..

I had come through the side gate and was on the front when I could see I hadnt checked one as I looked through a front window and I was so so tempted to just leave it as all the others I had checked had been great...but at the last minute decided to give it a check.

and yep looked like I had thrown a bucket of dirty water over it....

good job I check em....

yes a two price policy may work well due to trad taking slightly longer...and yes..I did say slightly longer ..if like me you run up and down the ladder.../emoticons/biggrin.png

some peope out there do give wfp bad name fair play u done them trad at end of the day the guy been messed around twice and if he in house all time looking out he dont wanna look at dirty windows

Back