Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat Or Upright Tank?

To stop the air locks i fitted the metal tank outlet with a tap on.

When waters low and moving the van, just switch the pump off, shut off the tank tap and jobs a good un.

You get air locks and the pump draws in air as when the water sloshes about the water level drops below the outlet level.

By shutting the tap off on the tank outlet it prevents the water from leaving the pipe leading to the pump and being replaced with air.

To stop the air locks i fitted the metal tank outlet with a tap on.

When waters low and moving the van, just switch the pump off, shut off the tank tap and jobs a good un.

You get air locks and the pump draws in air as when the water sloshes about the water level drops below the outlet level.

By shutting the tap off on the tank outlet it prevents the water from leaving the pipe leading to the pump and being replaced with air.
thats a good ider m8 i live in a hilly town so air locks galore lol

I've got a 400 upright in my partner, wouldn't go back to a flat now unless it was a 650. I can gravity feed 95% of the water out with a 1" outlet hose into my pump and tbh by the time that happens I'm about done for the day anyway.

Back