Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Fill Your Tank....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Getting quite annoyed with leaks.

How do you guys fill the tanks on your vans.

Do you unscrew the lid and fill that way or have you cut a hole in the tank?

Or do you fill via the outlet (probably damage the pump?)

Thanks

Getting quite annoyed with leaks.

How do you guys fill the tanks on your vans.

Do you unscrew the lid and fill that way or have you cut a hole in the tank?

Or do you fill via the outlet (probably damage the pump?)

Thanks
Currently I fill through the open lid and shut off when full (takes about 4 minutes for a 600 litre fill).
I do have ready to fit though a 1.5" banjo fitting screw-in elbow for the top of the tank which the fill hose will lock onto. Just need to find the time to fit it.

top of mine is drilled, with a sealed fitted connection to fill.

vented caps arnt great when full so I have a breather pipe to prevent a vacuum.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I am getting really annoyed with the tank.

Sloshing, leaking, and its a 350 tank. But if i fill to the brim, one speed bump or hill and all the water wants to come out of the weakest point (lid)

Done the bag trick etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if it leaking from lid, make sure the rubber isnt missing, or seal it down and put a connector with a hose on, so it cant splash up

seal the lid like i have, have a sealed connection to fill (i use the brass rectus fittings bought from everybodys favourite wfp man) and a sealed breather to a height where you wont suffer any water sloshing out haha. (1/2 connection with 3-4 inch of hose attached)

pro 026 fittings even

if it leaking from lid, make sure the rubber isnt missing, or seal it down and put a connector with a hose on, so it cant splash up
I have done all that bud, i think its because i am filling to the brim!

Hmmm ok food for thought i will have a look. Maybe i havent tightened it enough /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hmmm ok food for thought i will have a look. Maybe i havent tightened it enough /emoticons/biggrin.png
If you have a Wydale vented lid then what I used to do was tape over the vent inside and put a single pinprick in the tape and this is all the vent it needs. Then screw the lid on really tight - worked for me. We have different design lids now on the GrippaMax tanks which do not leak.

never had a leak in my layflat tank, even when its full right up!

before i fitted the tank i drilled and fitted a filling port onto the tank, then sealed the main black lid with a sealent! now all i do is unscrew the filling port and stick the fillinf hose in it and turn on the flow! just like fillin the van up with fuel at the station!!!

Hose pipe from di. I put my phone on timer to remind me to check the level. When the timer goes off I go out for a *** and check the level. Currently got am M&S bag covering the hole under the lid. Gonna need a new bag soon as it's getting ripped on the thread.

Back