Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I no this has come up a few times but

shazzy692002

I really dont know what to go for.

Roundpartner/george etc.

I want to add about 400/500 customers to it. I want it to work out 6/8/and 12 weekly, I have excel etc, but dont really know how to use it,

I am starting to find it hard doing paper and pen. What would you suggest please?

I use George I think its great ,iv never used roundpartner so cant comment on it .with George u get I think a months trial to have a play and see if you like it then its a £50 one off payment .it must be easy to use cos even I can do it lol .have a play about with it in the trial itll tell you more than what I can explain on ere .

I got about 400 custies shaz & still find it easy pen & paper. Mind you I'm useless with computers so I'd probably get in a right muddle

To be honest I've not found anything yet that fullfils my needs properly.

George seemd pants, Round tracker v4 pro diabolical, Window Cleaner Pro was so so but not now being supported or updated.

Maybe roundpartner might suite your needs better who knows so why not give it a free trial.

I have used aworka for over a year. Tenner a month but it saves me so much time. Can invoice commercial customers, see my work schedule, update it on my phone, so many great things about it.

Tax returns took 10 minutes this year - just emailed a PDF from aworka to my accountant

I have used aworka for over a year. Tenner a month but it saves me so much time. Can invoice commercial customers, see my work schedule, update it on my phone, so many great things about it.
Tax returns took 10 minutes this year - just emailed a PDF from aworka to my accountant
Thanks Daniel. May have to try it out.

There is pro's & cons for this type of app but the biggests concern using a web based app is so many things can go wrong and effect you getting to your data. Technology is great when it works but not so good when it dosen't.

To cover themselves all will state in terms of service

"Your use of "Aworka" is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis."

And most will say something like this also http://www.aworka.com/terms

You must have loads of custys shaz and everyone else.......i have a little book and a bloody photographic memory lmao

But saying that 90% of mine is fortnightly so easy to remember

There is pro's & cons for this type of app but the biggests concern using a web based app is so many things can go wrong and effect you getting to your data. Technology is great when it works but not so good when it doesn't.

There is an option to print out a job sheet if your internet connection is bad in certain areas.

That seems a good idea but can you also run the app local aswell if need be on your own device without being connected to the internet?

That seems a good idea but can you also run the app local aswell if need be on your own device without being connected to the internet?
Yes. On a phone/tablet, there's a mobile version. It's not an app, it's a webpage, but looks like an app. The database is online, but it allows you to sync later. So if you have no bad signal, it doesn't matter.

Aworka for me, used it for 15 months, print work sheet off on a daily basis easy to follow planner and move jobs round even edit the order on the work sheet

George-Aworka is great, simple and easy.

I like to have stuff organised well. I used MS Outlook at first and then when Gmail was born, I switched to use Gmail calender and contacts.

The advantage of Gmail was that it is cloud based, so any computer or smartphone could access all the info from anywhere at anytime I needed it.

Unlike Outlook where I had to plug a cable my PDA and PC every night to sync it up, Gmail Synced itself up constantly and automatically, and I did not have to worry about 'back ups'.

Recently decided that I wanted to see if there was a way to simplify the logging and tracking of my window cleaning round a bit.

I like working with a list, so I had in mind a dedicated program or paper book system or something.

I Googled loads of stuff for ideas, but I did not see many good ones.

Then one day I saw a YouTube video of someone using a smartphone with a great looking program on it.

Wow, I thought, that's what I want.

It just takes care of everything and being cloud based, it means you will not lose your date, even if you lost your phone.

Anyway I been using it now and it is brilliant.

For those who have not tried it yet;

As well as keeping all your job and customer details, it sends Invoices to your customers via email.

Then they can pay online via card or paypal, or you can include your other payment methods like bank transfer or 'make a cheque out to Fred Bloggs' etc.

Plus it records all your business expenses and creates a Profit and Loss account for your business, round value, Job Planner sheets, you can mark jobs when done, and as paid or unpaid.

Then it tells you who owes what and from when.

I love it, and although it cost £10 a month it saves you more than £10 in time each week.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this or similar ideas. If you have a better one that cheaper, let us know and I'll change over to it.

Cheers

Got a link to it mate. I use George and didn't realise it's not a one off payment if you want back up. £50 to start with, then £12 for 12 months back up.

Whats your thoughts on using those index cards from Staples. I'm thinking of doing this so I can shuffle people into different groups to make better routes and use of petrol.

Latest Posts

Back