Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new clamps all fitted

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

10405431_1550076775254317_2375661074764207943_n.jpg
11102663_1550076821920979_8835040468904961222_n.jpg

fitted the smart clamps but after a little inspection i saw some of the sections have small cracks on them only a few mill long :eek: ill saw them off an put some tape one the ends as well as the uper part i do think alex could maby change the design in the fucher to strangfon the ends with a woven rap like the pheonix x poles then they wont split at the ends !! just a bit of constive critasizium /emoticons/biggrin.png

also i couldent c any difference in the clamp body???? i thault is it wrth changing them?? could just put the new levers an all that old game on an bobs ur tea pot ?? or maby not[delusional]

also i couldent c any difference in the clamp body???? i thault is it wrth changing them?? could just put the new levers an all that old game on an bobs ur tea pot ?? or maby not[delusional]
Hi Tench

Glad you got them fitted - should give a new lease of life to the old pole /emoticons/smile.png

The clamp bodies are slightly different in crucial ways, unfortunately you cannot just fit the new lever sets to the old clamp bodies as they do not fit.

Before re-assembling the pole it is worth replacing the joint indicator tape at about 13cm up from the base of each section and also a base wrap of tape around the very bottom of the section. These twin wraps will improve the life and smoothness of operation on the pole sections. For even better use/longevity it is also worth spraying each overlap area with PTFE dry-film spray after fitting the tape.

fitted the smart clamps but after a little inspection i saw some of the sections have small cracks on them only a few mill long :eek: ill saw them off an put some tape one the ends as well as the uper part i do think alex could maby change the design in the fucher to strangfon the ends with a woven rap like the pheonix x poles then they wont split at the ends !! just a bit of constive critasizium /emoticons/biggrin.png
A pole of this age (about 4-5 years old??) is likely to have small splits at the base of each section whatever carbon wrap it is made of. Replacing the base wrap of tape and renewing it regularly should help prevent this from happening again too soon.

i think if u do away with the tape an add ficker strongr carbon rap it would b a winner m8 like a ficker carbon stop, just my view tho ,ill double tape it tho as advised yes pole is like 5/6 years old lite use its the olds super max compact 47!! pole

Back