Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franchising

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol hmmm ill just get another van and get sum1 to work for me

But u cant get gold of gud staff these days
F-ing hell H what have you been smoking today franchising, taking on staff

Wouldn't gold staff be to heavy and to expensive stick with silver for now mate lol

But on a serious not I'M OUT

Its a shame, they have just held the Franchise Show at Earls Court in London

http://www.thefranchiseshow.co.uk/

You all could have gone and seen the reality of franchising, I went once with a mate. Its a real eye opener but not in a good way. Most of the scams schemes are never going to work and only a complete mug would believe they could. Thats what they appear to be looking for, total mugs

To me its a dirty business. taking money off people and then watching them fail. My mate actually started one of those "Chips Away" type franchises. It wasn't Chips Away but the same sort of thing. He was a mug, they made him all sorts of promises, gave him all sorts of figure which turned out to be nothing like the truth. He never made a profit ever and the Franchise company wound up after about a year.

The only way in this life you are going to make money is by hard work and determination and earning it yourself

Don't expect other people to make money for you .

Lol hmmm ill just get another van and get sum1 to work for me

But u cant get gold of gud staff these days
Ill come work with you H /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

The only way in this life you are going to make money is by hard work and determination and earning it yourself

Don't expect other people to make money for you .
I think you have hit the nail on the head. I get the impression that a lot of prospective franchisees are looking for somebody to hold their hand. They certainly make a big thing about how its easier. My friend was very much seeking a well beaten path having just lost his job on medical grounds. In reality it was harder and doomed to failure.

Looking back I would say the people who were running the franchise were only ever interested in a fast buck. They took £12000 off my mate and all he got from it was a weeks course and some headed notepaper. And they put some adverts in yellow pages which pulled in a handful of enquiries.

But there is a world of difference between McDs, KFC, Subway etc and a franchise for repainting scratched car bumpers
There is but at the end of the day they are still after one thing, your money.

McDonalds franchise system is totally different to any other franchise. My dad was involved in a McDs start up which was franchised and the support you get from them is epic. They're a big company and the last thing they want is to see one of their businesses fail.

Chips Away is a good example of a bad idea. The franchise is great for Chips Away but they just don't care about their franchisees. I looked at a franchise years ago with a friend but they wanted over £10k just to use their name? I don't think so.

Just go to Companies House and look at the number of franchises that fold after a year.

Oh my, I seriously almost wet myself this time..

One to listen to here is Iain mate, only an idiot would put money into a franchise that isn't an instantly recognisable brand anywhere and I don't mean on teeside cos you won't want them taking your work. 'teeside window cleaning' wouldn't work countrywide maybe.

Lol franchising is the worst but The window cleaner down my end said he works for so and so he goes i franchis of him .... He doesnt know what franchise is he just sees it as that way if u get me to franchise priperly u gotta have a lota money financially

Latest Posts

Back