Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P

Paul

Do any of you lad do pressure washing? I've been given a brand new 4hp petrol washer so I'm going to add it to my business, do you lads use the water on site or do you carry your own? And are customers happy for you to use there water supply because I'm thinking of getting a 1000l trailer.

Is it a good earner or more hassle than it's worth?

Get a trailer, I made the mistake of not getting one and lost a BIG jobbecause of it. People don't mind if you use there water. Make sure you check to see if they have water supply. If they don't I would charge extra.

Whats the specs of the washer mate?

Its a really good earner, If you dont clean windows in the rain you can always go do pressure washing jobs. When your pricing jobs take the following in to account.

Drainage - You need to make sure you can get the water to run off some where. Ive seen this add 1-2 hours on to a job.

How dirty it is -

Water supply.

How long you think it will take.

You may want to have a look at http://pressurewashingcoach.co.uk/

Nice one mate, I will have a look at the speck in the morning when I pick it up and let you know see of you think it's on to use

Nice one mate, I will have a look at the speck in the morning when I pick it up and let you know see of you think it's on to use
You should be okay for cleaning drives and path etc. Look in to getting a turbo nozzle, they cut you claning time and are good for getting stubborn stains off

It has about 8 different nozzles with it, where do o get a turbo nozzle? I was also thinking about getting one of them brush disc things ?? Do you do sealing as well?

powerwashing is a profitable add on . the washer you describe sounds good enough for domestic jobs you would need to be charging at least 3 quid per sq meter .a turbo nozzle is a big help you could pick one up on ebay for about 30 to 40 quid .i wouldnt worry about a trailer for a while as the washer you mention would be very slow on a big job and hard to make money on as it would be very time consuming ive never had a customer refuse me to use their water . if you get a big job you could hire an industrial spec which would be 3600 psi 21 lpm . get some experience and maybe down the line if you can get enough work try get your hands on an industrial washer im using one for the last few months and the difference is huge time wise also faster money .

It has about 8 different nozzles with it, where do o get a turbo nozzle? I was also thinking about getting one of them brush disc things ?? Do you do sealing as well?
I did but not any more, I just pass those jobs on to a ffriends and take commision

How do I go about pricing jobs up say for a 20sqm blocked patio
You could go by square meter butr I found this not to be any good. To many different surfaces, with different level of dirt on them. as I said before too drainage. Some times it easyer to get the water away than others. I aim for 30 per hour

Back