Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Van for ionic zero 600L system?

ma7589

Hi

Does anyone have the ionic zero system 600L? if so what van are you using? im trying to frind the right size. Renault trafic/ vauxhall vivaro long whhel base or short wheel base?

Thanks for any help.

vivaro lwb ide say ive got that van with a 500l tank an loads of gear in the back i can carry my triple ladder plus standerd double with pointer shop front ladder with ease im shore van has 1300kilo payload

just doing research at min. looking at the options. ionic are expensive but seem to be quality, a friend of mine has one. im also looking at Grippamax system. i want something that is SAFE reliable and quality. but need a practical van not an oversized monster!

Only crash tested to 30mph, not very reliable and the systems look quality but under perform compared to other systems and even more so than a home built system. We bought a 700L Thermo pure delivery system in 2008. It fell to pieces.

Can I just say Chris, people talk about 'crash tested' systems but all that proves is the tank stays bolted to the floor.

Your van travelling at 60mph with a full 750l tank meets my van travelling opposite direction at 60mph with a full 500l tank I can guarantee that the fire and rescue are cutting us out and if anything is left it will be an air lift to the hospital for sure.

Mine is bolted to the chassis but I dont think of it as 'will save me in a crash' I just think of it as keeping my van manageable whilst cornering etc without the tank sliding around.

Both of these just seem like a shed load of dough for what is essentially filters, water tank, pump, controller, and a brush.

I guess if you have the larger commercial jobs it could be worthy but for domestic semis and the such it just seems overkill to me, many thousands spent that is not really needed to be spent to clean a house perfectly. Just my opinion

BTW I have a 500L Brodex tank in the back of mine, (got it used for a killer price so no harm in having Brodex) and I drive a SWB Traffic (Vivaro) although plenty of space for the system I think I would if buying again go for LWB just for that little extra room. (12 inches longer)

No offence Ma but if you are baffled by PPM or PPB then you really need to SLOW DOWN and begin right at the beginning.

You say you are new to all this, how new, what is your experience of cleaning windows? How many clients do you have? Are they residential of massive commercial jobs?

Many start out thinking dropping £5k or £10k on gear and they will make millions next month but that is not the case (usually) My van and system cost me a total of £3.5k to set up and manages a decent sized round here in Notts, so if you give us some basic info about you perhaps we can help you avoid the pitfalls of the shiny toys!

No offence taken. I jus need advise. I'm leaving the forces this yr so a complete career change. Want my own business but want a system that is reliable safe and cleans to a high standard (obviously that's does depend the operator ability! ) in early stages of planning it all. I don't expect to be making millions just want to do a high standard job.

Can I just say Chris, people talk about 'crash tested' systems but all that proves is the tank stays bolted to the floor.
Your van travelling at 60mph with a full 750l tank meets my van travelling opposite direction at 60mph with a full 500l tank I can guarantee that the fire and rescue are cutting us out and if anything is left it will be an air lift to the hospital for sure.

Mine is bolted to the chassis but I dont think of it as 'will save me in a crash' I just think of it as keeping my van manageable whilst cornering etc without the tank sliding around.

Thats what I said. Only rated to 30mph

No offence taken. I jus need advise. I'm leaving the forces this yr so a complete career change. Want my own business but want a system that is reliable safe and cleans to a high standard (obviously that's does depend the operator ability! ) in early stages of planning it all. I don't expect to be making millions just want to do a high standard job.
just get a good van and diy ur system save ur self a load of cash a system is a system at the end of the day they all do the same thing in years to come when u bild ur round an u have a huge tax bill then treat ur self to a slap up system if u want /emoticons/biggrin.png

I have an ionics pro5 system in my van which I bought used but in good condition it works well for me and only had to replace 1 filter up to now my only bug bear is the routing of the wiring and hoses looks shoddy but I'm slowly getting round to tidying them up

Back