Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What "passers by" comments wind you up the most??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GGCleaningServices

You know how it is, you have the pole in your hand scrubbing away and a builder walks past with he's mates "that's cheating where is your ladder"

Erm, excuse me jack the lad you try holding this thing and looking up at the sky all day as opposed to wiping a rag around the glass.

Not to take anything away from traditional window cleaners! I can imagine those ladders get pretty heavy come 3 o'clock

Anyway what's the most patronising thing some arrogant passer by has ever said to you??

Last week, some guys drove past and shouted

' you've missed a bit at the top'

So i turned around to face them with my pole and squirted the water from the brush into the car window and soaked him. :rofl:

i am pretty lucky so far as i hide a lot....but the group of school children that passed by on a rememberance parade does stick in my mind ....with...oh look hes cleaning the windows....at least ten times....yawn....and yep the most oft said comment is ..get in the corners...or youve missed a bit.../emoticons/biggrin.png

"are you any good? "

"last bloke we had,guess what he did to us? guess? guess?"

iv no idea

"he sh/t on us he did"

oh,,,right

Usually when I'm working on a busy street.........

Passer by- "Excuse me?....

Me- (takes head phones out) ...yes?

Passer by - "are you a window cleaner"

Me- no sorry. (Puts head phones back in and carry on WFPing)

It's good for a laugh sometimes. I give it a few seconds before I stop again, take head phones out, tell them I'm kidding and ask how can I help. /emoticons/smile.png

I love the "are you a window cleaner"

No I'm a ******* plumber what's it look like numbnuts

Got to be missed a bit that gets up my nose ,, one summer a few years back I parked up to get a drink from a newsagent and as I walked past a transit van they made the window washer squirt me in the face as they twisted it around , me not very amused returned to my van grabbed my bucket which was full and threw the hole bleeding lot straight in through the open window,, the 3 guys inside were bleeding soaked and I made a quick exit lol

what about " just connect onto my outside tap " then you have to stop and explain

had guy last week parked his car on top of my hose

he was being a bit of a bellend saying you have caught my car with your hose as he looked at me like xxxx

so told him if you dont move your car quick it would be a shame to split my hose

tolish if she is tidy £5 and a blow xxx ha ha
If a bit of gobble was involved I reckon she could keep her fiver, but I'd be sure to do a good job on the frames as a thankyou. :thumbsup:

Most of the comments I just roll my eyes at. "You can come do mine when you're finished" etc. Some of the 'best' ones I've heard have been at a shopping mall in a poorer area. "You don't know how easy you have it" etc. from people who look like they've never lifted a finger in their lives grates.

I seem to attract the village idiots whilst I'm working too for some strange reason

Most of the comments I just roll my eyes at. "You can come do mine when you're finished" etc. Some of the 'best' ones I've heard have been at a shopping mall in a poorer area. "You don't know how easy you have it" etc. from people who look like they've never lifted a finger in their lives grates.

Back