Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik advice

Dave85

Hi guys got a one off clean to do tomorow and my Ubik arrived today so just needing a bit of advice on how to use it I also have a 1ltr spray bottle to dilute some Ubik and water into.so am I right in thinking that I spray some onto the brush and scrub the frames then rinse well? Thanks

That's what I do but if you can spray it on to the frames and glass and scrub as normal then rinse thoroughly that's the best way just don't leave it a long time to dry [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

If it's just a first clean on windows spray on to the brush

Brush it all over the frame sill and glass on the tops and then turn the water on to scrub and rinse properly (above frame..frame..sill and glass in one)

Do the next top one and then go back to the previous one and rinse the glass only to make sure the ubik has gone and the glass is properly rinsed

Spray the window and frame on the bottoms not the brush and do the same as the tops

Ten parts water to one part ubik should do the trick. Spray directly onto ground floor windows and a couple of sprays on the brush for the first floor windows.

Make sure you rinse the hell out of it once you've finished scrubbing, especially the top frame and the section above it.

I've had a few problems with ubik recently where, even after loads of rinsing, I've not quite got rid of it all and it's left milky streaks on the glass. It seems to happen more on warmer days.

I'd do the lot, one window at a time, and then go back and check them over just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

we never mix water with it as its not that strong . but like the rest say never let it dry on as its a mare to rince off but were very confredent in using it so at first if I was you I would go 50/50

What do you mean it's not that strong??

It won't do any harm neat as i have been known to use it neat but it will have the same effect with just an inch or 2 in a 1l spray bottle

No need to waste the stuff as it will do the job weaker

I did a conny roof in the rain earlier with just the last couple of inches that were left in a 5l container added to a full gardiners backpack of tapwater

Turned the flow on low

Scrubbed each panel briefly to get the ubik into everything and then scrubbed and rinsed with tapwater and final rinse with pure

Took me a whole half hour start to finish

View attachment 7820

Did this one with Damo on monday and used a 1l spray bottle each to spray the brush and that was well diluted

Reckon we didn't even use half a litre of mixed ubik/water between us for the whole job and they had had the builders in before us to make a messView attachment 7821

Ok that's great thanks for the fast reply s. I've done a few conservatory cleans and one off cleans lately bit thought I would give Ubik a try and hope it speeds things up a bit.thanks once again.

You use neat. 20 or 25 to 1 is strong enough don't have any problems even on really black and green soffits **** just falls off when rinsing.

2 inches in a 5l container poured into a 22l backpack is a lot less than 25:1 and it did a perfect job

It is stronger than people realise

I do tend to spray it on then agitate with no water turned on then do the usual scrub n rinse

Usually spray it on and then have a quick break

Then when i go back it has done it's job

2 inches in a 5l container poured into a 22l backpack is a lot less than 25:1 and it did a perfect jobIt is stronger than people realise

I do tend to spray it on then agitate with no water turned on then do the usual scrub n rinse

Usually spray it on and then have a quick break

Then when i go back it has done it's job
I agree. Absolutely no need to be using it neat. 10:1 in a spray bottle and 25:1 in the backpack is more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What you gave me back earlier @Adams0211 i used to fill my backpack with and have about half left that i had poured into my sprayer

Nowhere near 10:1 is it with half of that

we never mix water with it as its not that strong . but like the rest say never let it dry on as its a mare to rince off but were very confredent in using it so at first if I was you I would go 50/50
Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only use it neat for spot cleans on VERY stubborn stains

It goes a very long way

Tip for rinsing is have garden hose at the ready with good long range nozzle

A lot quicker for rinsing

thing is guys some of us earn plenty and don't need to penny pinch the less rubbing , the last time it takes todo the quicker you get to you next job , neat ubk with pump on 125 psi and the roofs done in minutes

I earn plenty mate and definitely don't need to penny pinch but can't be bothered ordering the stuff all the time when i get through 10l every month or 2 anyway as i do a lot of roofs

By diluting it i can cover a roof properly and it only takes minutes to scrub

I would rather cover a roof with a whole backpack of solution than try to get 5l to cover a whole dirty roof and finials etc

Also i don't need to worry in the sunshine that it will dry too quick

@noddy @daveyboy it isnt about penny pinching at all lads, just how one prefers to use the stuff.

In Daveys case he likes 20-1 so at rhe prices I am paying he spends £160 less on his product than you do Noddy.

I average 10 liter per month and go with the splosh / splash measure system. I reckon about 10-1 for the most part.

No need to theow money away cause you can.

Splosh/splash

Make your mind up green

Either metric OR imperial

You can't do both

:rofl:

Right guys been and done the one off clean and used Ubik as advised but still didn't come up as clean as I expected. The frames and small porch where covered in years worth of dirt and dust as the house is right on a very busy A road and hasn't been cleaned in years there was some yellow patches on the frames that just would not clean up. I also tried upcoming cleaner but had no luck .ant ideas guys.

View attachment 7830

View attachment 7831

Latest Posts

Back