Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If I Had The Cash

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i know but only down side to them pipes hanging out is kid round my way would prat about with them and prob put glue in the end lol :lol: i need a van, not to big not to small and i want 3 seats in the front aswell like expert scudo.

i wouldnt dare let my hose hang out of my van /emoticons/tongue.png my van wud get abused lol

ive seen hoses hanging from the bottom of the van but never out the back like that. ppl in my area are so childish i couldnt have anything like that, it would get snapped off or cut up. when i had my berlingo the first week i had it a rival cleaner slashed my tyres and warned me. /emoticons/biggrin.png

ive seen hoses hanging from the bottom of the van but never out the back like that. ppl in my area are so childish i couldnt have anything like that, it would get snapped off or cut up. when i had my berlingo the first week i had it a rival cleaner slashed my tyres and warned me. /emoticons/biggrin.png
U seem to hav a lot of rivals lol

The system isnt that great, it looks a little bit jumbled together, a bit tatty. Depends on where you live but the Lwb transits are a pain for many WC's because they are too big to manouvre and park.

If you think about it - 2002 transit you can pick up a good one for 1250 and a brand new all singing all dancing pure freedom set up or GrippaMax for under £3000 if you negotiate.

U seem to hav a lot of rivals lol
noooo when they got wind of me starting window cleaning a few years ago one came up to me at school while he dropped his kids off and said keep off my patch. i said laffing out loud, theres no such thing as patches. why you so worried, you feel threatened. he said watch ya back. then i had another local one say dont get stealing my customers or else. i thought nothing of it and then soon as i got my berlingo van and had is sign written i had 2 slashed tyres and some of the sinage scraped off. i sold the van and got the subaru as some place i go are rural and muddy so the awd works well. i had ANOTHER cleaner steal my customers by undercutting me and the same happened again a month ago. i was cleaning out the bk and they would knock the home im cleaning offering to do it 2 quid cheaper than my price. i caught one of them doing this and i chased him down the road and all he did was chuck abuse at me. i only wanted to talk and see why they are doing this, ive done nothing wrong and ive gone the right way with getting work ect. i dont even quote homes that have a cleaner. anyway this dude last month go right up my a**e so i chucked his ladders in the hedge. now when he sees me he sticks his fingers up. im glad they feel threatened. theres a few other cleaners who i chat to and we laff and joke about and they say business is business. but these blokes who i fell out with are all young kiddies in there early 20s. there all going about it the wrong way and some have a bad name allready lol :lol:

noooo when they got wind of me starting window cleaning a few years ago one came up to me at school while he dropped his kids off and said keep off my patch. i said laffing out loud, theres no such thing as patches. why you so worried, you feel threatened. he said watch ya back. then i had another local one say dont get stealing my customers or else. i thought nothing of it and then soon as i got my berlingo van and had is sign written i had 2 slashed tyres and some of the sinage scraped off. i sold the van and got the subaru as some place i go are rural and muddy so the awd works well. i had ANOTHER cleaner steal my customers by undercutting me and the same happened again a month ago. i was cleaning out the bk and they would knock the home im cleaning offering to do it 2 quid cheaper than my price. i caught one of them doing this and i chased him down the road and all he did was chuck abuse at me. i only wanted to talk and see why they are doing this, ive done nothing wrong and ive gone the right way with getting work ect. i dont even quote homes that have a cleaner. anyway this dude last month go right up my a**e so i chucked his ladders in the hedge. now when he sees me he sticks his fingers up. im glad they feel threatened. theres a few other cleaners who i chat to and we laff and joke about and they say business is business. but these blokes who i fell out with are all young kiddies in there early 20s. there all going about it the wrong way and some have a bad name allready lol :lol:
You will always get the idiots who think its their patch.
One guy came up to me when I started and said exactly that so I asked him how long he had worked the "patch" and he said 12 years very smuggly. I told him that I had lived in the next road since 1974 so if anything it was my patch and I knew the area and people better than he ever would. He told me to f off and I have never had trouble since.

I make it my business to say hello to any new WC I see and am friends with most of them. In fact we share work. When my van got stolen one of the guys kept my round going for a month and didnt nick a single customer. In return I give him my internal gutter cleans cos I wont do them.

As long as you never knowingly undercut anyone you are on solid ground.

As long as you never knowingly try to undercut anyone

Back