Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tell Me More About My System

WCF

Help Support WCF:

shazzy692002

Being female, i leave all my van requirements to my hubby. But i would like to learn more about it.

Attached is a photo of my ionoc system. All i know is that when the bottom filter is not blue anymore, i have to change it. At a cost of over £100.

How often should all the other filters need changing?

Can i buy them cheaper else where other than thro ionic?

I also have salt for back wash which cost me about £9 for 25k bag. Last about a month, How much do you pay for salt?

My tdi is 0.01 so im happy with that at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any info and advice. :D

View attachment 1995

View attachment 1295

What is your tds tap reading?

The bottom blue filter is your DI resin, they have colour change so you know when its shot ( blue to brown) get rid and fit a refillable vessel (cheaper)

Ionics will add money on because its a sealed unit and specific for the system.

Also stop buying salt (save the £9 per month and in 2-3 years just buy yourself a new 40 inch membrane) which you`ll probs end up doing anyway..

remove the top 2 pre filters and replace with 10 inch pentek versions these will be changed more regular but still in the long run be cheaper than buying sealed units from ionics..

SO all you need is 2 x 10 inch pentek - the 40inch RO and a refillable DI vessel after you`ve bought these you`ll save money.

Ionics look all fantastic but their making you pay for it! If your husband is handy get him to make the alterations and fit your own pre filters and DI vessel.

Your van will be lighter also saving on fuel.

Thats my opinion anyway, if your filtration has to be in the van.

If you have a garage I would strip out the Ionic RO kit myself just leaving the tank pump & controller etc.

Then would setup a static ro system in the garage instead to make pure while you are out working and just pump pure into the van tank when needed. That way will save you a lot of weight & some fuel rather than lugging that lot about every day.

Would think you would also save money also by doing away with those expensive ionic sealed use once pre filters & di tube when they are knackered and replace with new alternative 20 inch pre filter housing/replaceable filters and use refillable di tanks instead.

Just my thoughts you understand as never have used an ionic system myself but know they can be expensive to maintain.

Also how do you protect the inside of the van and ro kit from freezing up at night?

Thanks Guys

I dont know my tds as its fitted within my van

My van is kept in the garage at night. So never freezes. I am very lucky to have a garage.

Very interesting reading. Will have to look into all your comments. And eventually save some money.

Much appreciated.. /emoticons/wink.png

I think H is wondering the same as I am?

Do you make your water on the go Shazzy, or over night?

I put my van on fill up when i finish work, 1st i have to put thro a back wash..with salt...Takes 5 min.

Then i fill it up, 2 hoses go in van one for fill up one for rubbish water, takes 4/5 hours to fill up. I turn it off about 9pm at night. Rubbish water waters my garden.

Is my system unusual?. lol /emoticons/smile.png

To me it looks unusual I prop know as much as you do!

I didnt realise how complecated these systems get lol

I put my van on fill up when i finish work, 1st i have to put thro a back wash..with salt...Takes 5 min.
Then i fill it up, 2 hoses go in van one for fill up one for rubbish water, takes 4/5 hours to fill up. I turn it off about 9pm at night. Rubbish water waters my garden.

Is my system unusual?. lol /emoticons/smile.png
No, definitely not unusual Shaz- use to do exactly the same(and will be again very shortly). Only difference being was that I back-washed once a week, and didn't use salt(probably was meant too!).

Latest Posts

Back