Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Houses Near The Coast,heres An Idea!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gushysfella

Had a blinding day to day…. Potentially going to make a mint! Let me explain,

I clean the windows of a row of very nice modern houses overlooking the sea(loads of glass on front you know!) oh and i really mean overlooking the sea, as in home, single width road, sea!

It’s been a nightmare over the winter with the wind and not so nice weather, and now summers arrived (for a few days) there windows have salt set like concrete on them after backing in the sun. Scrubbed and scrubbed Monday even used the ungers new scrub it stuff which was pants and then I got to thinking. In the good old days of car valeting I used to wax windows for the bead effect, more impression then use for the punter, get them back for another clean you know, but for it to really work you need to clay the window first. So off I went yesterday picked up a clay kit and done the last house which is a holiday second home and after a couple of hours like new! I went back to the first house and explained I wanted to try something new on their windows, explained it was a type of waxing to bead the water from glass and after showing them the affect they asked for me to polish all there windows! Today I have had all but 2 ring and ask me to “polish” there windows next week, now these houses are £65 a clean so I’ve got to at least double it for the time its going to take, but it works really well, bigger the window the better!

It will stop the salt sticking so much and looks much better after rain. After all the help I’ve had from the forum with advice and tips thought I’d share it though it may be worth a try it could help out with the losses of last year lads with the rained for weeks! New glass polishing service!! GF

I actually used to do this when i was a traditional window cleaner, works a treat and customers loved it, i used to mix a bit in with the water and it really helps water to stream down the window.

Hello mate I also live near the sea no roads just some grass sand then sea about 500yds and to be honest I do not clean any different to when I am in the mainland maybe like today there is a sea mist around and I would use a bit more water but that is about it .

I think GM cleaning has done this before or does it.

I know it has been mentioned.

Anything to stand out from the crowd.

Back