Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rebranding

What convention?

The show is on billing aquadrome which is near milton keynes

It will take me 45 minutes to get there

You moving to Northampton will be handy for all of us tuffers. When the convention is on, we can all stay at your gaff.I will expect a full English in the morning of course
I don't mix with riff raff window cleaner types ::p:

Before you go there Tuffers, talk to an accountant, you can get a free 30 min consult if you do not already have one.

I only advise this as the tax man has some law, I cant recall what it's called, aggregation of business or amalgamation of businesses or something like that.

Even if you have two different company names they may decide that you are in fact just one business and screw you hard for VAT and taxes where applicable which can be nasty.

Happened to a guy here in Nottingham a few years ago, overnight the gave him a massive tax bill, he said he couldn't pay and asked for time, they made him remortgage his house house he had already paid off to pay the tax bill so tread lightly sir.

I started out with the 'village name window cleaning' on my flyers. Never had any advertising, business cards or other stationary printed as never really needed it. Now things have moved on, my work isn't only in the one village anymore, I own a van I could get sign written so I'm also considering a re-brand. I could stick with the original name but I'm also considering 'Squeegee Dan'. That's the best I've come up with that isn't area specific or corny like 'amazing glazing' etc.

I started out with the 'village name window cleaning' on my flyers. Never had any advertising, business cards or other stationary printed as never really needed it. Now things have moved on, my work isn't only in the one village anymore, I own a van I could get sign written so I'm also considering a re-brand. I could stick with the original name but I'm also considering 'Squeegee Dan'. That's the best I've come up with that isn't area specific or corny like 'amazing glazing' etc.
Mmmm, only a good name if you stick to trad. What if you decide to up your game and go w.f.p?

Mmmm, only a good name if you stick to trad. What if you decide to up your game and go w.f.p?
I'm already doing quite a bit of WFP from a backpack. I don't think the name prevents me from using the pole. Also I'm not convinced that advertising the use of WFP will bring in any additional customers.

Latest Posts

Back