Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Horses For Courses

essex boy

I received my SLX25 today with Gooseneck and I opted for a superlite wide brush as I have just about every other brush known to man except the TecBuk Hybrid which I want to buy next.

I know many out there feel you should use different brushes for different jobs and I am sure they are right but for me doing nearly all 2 storey domestic work one brush with good technique should be good enough.

So, the SLX came, I fitted the 10inch gooseneck and wide brush but wondered whether anyone feels this can be used as a daily brush or is this really for large pane domestic and height jobs?

Also, does anyone use the Gooseneck for day to day domestic and if so what brush do you use?

I haven't been out yet today but my instinct was to change the goosenck and wide brush for s sill brush and a swivel adjustable resi-neck as when I used the gooseneck on my own windows it felt strange.

I don't really want to go into the science of it all but would be interested what people use as their day to day combination.

I think I need to use the gooseneck as I am sure it is something that you get used to by using it more and more but I would be interested to hear about brushes, especially anyone who uses the wide brush for day to day.

I've not used a carbon goose neck myself as the type of work I do it probably be no good to me to be honest as I need to adjust the angle of the brush alot.

I received my SLX25 today with Gooseneck and I opted for a superlite wide brush as I have just about every other brush known to man except the TecBuk Hybrid which I want to buy next.
I know many out there feel you should use different brushes for different jobs and I am sure they are right but for me doing nearly all 2 storey domestic work one brush with good technique should be good enough.

So, the SLX came, I fitted the 10inch gooseneck and wide brush but wondered whether anyone feels this can be used as a daily brush or is this really for large pane domestic and height jobs?

Also, does anyone use the Gooseneck for day to day domestic and if so what brush do you use?

I haven't been out yet today but my instinct was to change the goosenck and wide brush for s sill brush and a swivel adjustable resi-neck as when I used the gooseneck on my own windows it felt strange.

I don't really want to go into the science of it all but would be interested what people use as their day to day combination.

I think I need to use the gooseneck as I am sure it is something that you get used to by using it more and more but I would be interested to hear about brushes, especially anyone who uses the wide brush for day to day.
Don’t use a gooseneck or straight brush extension if you don’t need to.

Window cills on domestics are 4”-5” deep, the brush & standard adjustable angle adapter is perfect for these, that is what I use.

Large brushes for domestic are pointless; you need a small brush stock that’s fits Georgian window panes (Tecbuk brushes are the only ones to do this) and at least a 11” bristles spread on the glass to because of the larger standard window sizes.

The simplest way to look at wfp brushes is absorbent brush bristles & non-absorbent brush bristles, you need one of each.

Richard

Gardiner extreme for most work

Gardiner dual trim for anything longer than 8 weeks

Gardiner sill brush for first cleans.

I would love to use one of his brushes.

But we use extreme poles and they have a weight limit.

Carbon fibre has the lightest strength to weight ratio, are you saying the extreme pole is bendy? I only use high modulus; 25ft poles in HMCF don’t bend Damo with a few hundred grams of brush on the end.

No the extreme is very rigid.

I thought your boars hair brush complete was over 300grams?

The extreme pole has a weight limit of 285 I believe.

Tecbuk Brush sales have been increasing Damo; I sell loads to Gardiner poles users, if you see what I mean. I can’t believe the extreme pole is that weak it can only manage 285 grams. It probably is bendy compare to other HMCF poles, but a CF pole can’t be that weak to only manage 285g.

I think your pole would be (should be) perfectly OK Damo, your welcome to try a Tecbuk brush and send it back if you don’t like it for what ever reason.

You can post you thoughts on the forum, please feel free to email me or call me if you want to try a brush.

Been meaning to try one for some time. Will have a look on ya website soon /emoticons/smile.png

Think that 285g limit is nonsense.. An extreme brush wet would weigh more.. You also couldn't use aquadapters and brushes.. Just 1 or the other lol..

I use an slx 22 with a tecbuk hybrid and aquadapter.. Perfect setup for me

I use a tecbuk boars hair for first cleans

Been meaning to try one for some time. Will have a look on ya website soon /emoticons/smile.png
Damo you mention the Boars Hair brush; I have new Long Bristles Duel Trim Boars hair brush (2 for sale only, just made them up) the difference with these brushes is I cut the outer longer length bristles to stiffen them up - so these 2 brushes are very unique - the weight of the brush only, with any attachments is 253 grams (it does have in excess of 60,000 bristles, your extreme brush has 9,600 monofilaments).

I usually prefer the shot bristle brushes, most prefer the long bristle. So I made one in-between, which I now prefer)

If you drill 1 extra 5mm hole in your Gardiner brush socket you will be able to fit a Tecbuk brush on to it. If you want it its £34.97 p&p £3.95 or you can have a Hybrid brush for the same price. Try it, if you don’t like it send it back.

Richard

(Boars Hair brushes should be used with a good water flow to get the brush to work easily)

Think that 285g limit is nonsense.. An extreme brush wet would weigh more.. You also couldn't use aquadapters and brushes.. Just 1 or the other lol..
I use an slx 22 with a tecbuk hybrid and aquadapter.. Perfect setup for me

Peter I can’t remember which Boars Hair brush you have, but if you want to try these new DT Boars Hair brushes send me an email, I will sort with a token price, as long as you email me what you think.

Cheers Richard

Think that 285g limit is nonsense.. An extreme brush wet would weigh more.. You also couldn't use aquadapters and brushes.. Just 1 or the other lol.. I use an slx 22 with a tecbuk hybrid and aquadapter.. Perfect setup for me

You can't compare the slx and extreme. If Alex says its 285 there has to be a reason.

I've not used a carbon goose neck myself as the type of work I do it probably be no good to me to be honest as I need to adjust the angle of the brush alot.
They were my thoughts until I tried the carbon neck. It's actually bloody ace to use.

Right - first day our with one SLX 25, one CF gooseneck and extreme wide with 4 fanjets.

Brush was on for less than 10 minutes. Brilliant brush which I will use for my car showrooms but absolutely no good for domestic and certainly no with a gooseneck as the brush is so thin I think I had more plastic on the glass than bristles!!!

Forgot my tools so went back home to take the wide brush off,

Put on a medium super light medium mix Xtreme which was much better,

I persevered all day with the gooseneck but am struggling. Don't get me wrong it is a nice thing but not sure if it is for every day ground and first floor domestic use. I am used to working with an adjustable resi all day and so am not sure wether it is force of habit or what but I found it hard going.

The SLX 25 is a brilliant pole a I generally use a CLX22. I struggled at first because without knowing it my technique is totally built around the whip of a CLX and so I noticed that I had to force my action to the end of the window frame with the stiffer SLX because when using the CLX I am already moving the it in the opposie direction before I finish my stroke to allow for the whip whereas there is no whip at all with the SLX.

I am wondering whether I would have been better with the SLX 22 for every day use as yes, the 25 is great for the odd longer extension but for the few I encounter during the week is it worth having the extra lenght closed pole and extra weight? Not so sure.

All I know is that currently with a CLX22, an adjustable resi neck and a little dual sill brush I can earn more money than the more expensive set up.

I am not sur what to do. I am tempted to offload the SLX 25 and get an SLX22 or even another CLX22 as I quite like the bend as I am used to it. I will keep the gooseneck to use with the wide brush for my large pane commercial work but will not use it domestically at all.

I also tried a swivel resi neck but took that off within second as for me that is not for day to day use, only for rare occasions as I found it very hard to use,

I am more confused than ever as I had the best and quickest set up for me which was th inferior CLX whereas now I have upgraded I am slower and find everything more cumbersom.

Maybe I need to give it time.

Anyone else prefer hybrids over full carbon?

Should have bought an 18ft extreme and the extension for it.

£360 inc vat for pole and £41 for extension.

Giving you 26ft reach.

Absolute epic pole.

I preferred the clx over the slx. But the extreme is in a different league. I was using my 35ft extreme today and i could clean bungalows all day with it lol. Its a dream to use.

As for brush's for 90% of my work i use the lightest brush going. Extreme baby /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back