Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Astra van gone zonk!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

Hi all...

My little Astra Van has finally had it's day. Vauxhall have just given me the ultimatum - £1600 to fix the 11 year old 145,000 lady.

My question is: What's the best small van to carry my 450L Tank in? The Astra I just kept from Trad days, and is a bit of a tight squeeze, although I do like the vans.

Looking to buy something this or next week.

Thanks in advance.

I had an 08 Astravan with 250l tank system. I found it way too small, so I now have a Vauxhall vivaro with 650l tank and 2 man set up. Its great on fuel and I hardly notice any difference in running costs. Best to get summin bigger, that can accommodate a 2 man system and larger tank if you want the option in the future. If you ever wanted to expand your round, then your ready to go. I would never want anything smaller than a vivaro and they are just like driving a car nowadays, all the creature comforts are there. You wont regret it. I paid £9,600 for a 61 plate inc. VAT. 31,000 on the clock. Good luck !

Cheers for the advice, Keir. I've been solo for 20years, so don't see a sudden change at any point to be honest. I dunno, I just have in my head that I don't want a big van that's all.

Was just looking at the Peugeot Partner. Looks a bit bigger for the small van type.

Gonna view some tomorrow, I think.

I got a 400 flat tank in my citroen berlingo. Still a lot of room. Good little van, she is.

I call her berlinda & I think she likes it. Lol

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Window Cleaning Forums

Okay Lee. So you know what you want. Are you only part time then ? I tend to do two days a week and one day is with a mate. Still two weeks behind though at least.

Was just looking now Keir to be honest. I want The VW Caddy! Smart vans, man, but not practical for what we want it for really. Just looking at the Ford Transit-Connect right now, actually. Prob one of them or Partner for me.

I'm part-time, yeah. Well, full-time, but can do it all in 2 weeks if u catch my drift.

Cheers Lou, too!

I thought about getting a caddy maxi. They are slightly bigger than a standard caddy. But still too small for my needs and 2 man set up. Good luck anyway

1600 squid for a turbo

Bloody hell

What engine is it?

May be worth stripping one from a breakers..i would

I lived opposite the grapes pub for a while in uxbridge

Mum lived opposite the case is altered in harrow weald and i used to live practically in the skate park

Glad they managed to keep it open

Oh ok. Cool. I lived in Harrow Weald. Not far from Salvo. I went to Gayton High.

That high price was from Vauxhall proper thou! I wouldn't get it done there. Did think bout getting from breakers, but also spent £500 on it just last month, so been weighing up the odds. Cheers Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would get a recon turbo ..can't be much as a new uprated garrett t3 is only a few hundred

Then fit yourself..can see online how to do..not that hard

I dunno if that shop is still on the main road in uxbridge. .like a breakers but all the parts already stripped and in the back of the shop

Indian guys so watch you don't get ripped off lol

Don't like harefield..bad memories in that hospital

I was in watford yesterday

Harlequin now called intu watford

.weird

Usc shop near boots has closing sale on

All trainers etc 30-50% off

Wow! I better get myself down there!! I never knew it was closing. That's a bummer. U got Per Lui out on the high St, but a bit more pricey. Top clobber thou! I lived in Bushey Heath b4 Harefield small world innit. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to sit in my mates house in Bushey every sunday until i had come down enough from the weekends raving at camden or bagleys to be able to drive home lol

Back