Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats The Going Rate Then?

JDMW

if i was to find someone to canvass for me, what would i be looking at paying them per customer they get me??? im thinking bout getting someone to knock for me dressed all smart etc but i was looking at giving them say 25% of what the job is worth. am i being tight or to kind?? dont fancy paying a company to knock and feed ppl bs. i want this person to arrange a time day for me to go round price the job up and then ifi land the work i pay them 25% of what its worth.

If you are not going to pay someone an hourly rate then think if you were looking for a job like that how much would you want to get paid.

Would you be happy earning let’s say to make it easy £2.50 on a £10 new job?

So let’s now say they manage to get 6 new jobs in 2 hours worth of door knocking which would be quite good going indeed. They would have only earnt £15 before tax and any expenses incurred.

I here you say well that's £7.50 hour so not bad. However myself I would not want to pay out for leads only but only when the job has been completed at least once to allow for messers So now they have to wait to get paid too and probably they will earn less if you get any blowouts.

Doesn't sound a great part time job to me :rolleyes:

thats what i was going to say, id pay them when i got the job down as another customer. what ever 25% of what the jobs worth or 8 quid an hr or say £10 per job landed. what ever motivates who ever does it im willing to pay. i just need to build up my customer base and hit 75 before summer. i hate banging doors.

had a message off an ex gf i was with a while back. she said she would be willing to do it but only when its warmer :rolleyes:

Pay them the value of the work they get.. Ie- they get your £100 worth of regular work, you pay them £100...

Everyone wants things these days for nothing, you can't expect people to go out and build your business, making you loads of money and they are on immigrants wages... Pay them fair and they will be good to you...

how do they know what the jobs are worth tho. i could tell them they got me a ten quid job and they would be non the wiser. i wouldnt fiddle ppl outta money tho as im not that type of person and it only takes one bad word about someone to ruin a business.

If you can get someone who is going to properly canvass full on for those rates ill eat my hat if you are thinking of getting someone serious that person will need to see at least £70 a day otherwise all you will get are people who need a quick quid for the weekend or inbetween jobs then never see u again maybe you could get away with £5-£10 a clean minimum , even at those rates it will be hard to keep people because they go out thinking they have made x when half of the leads changed there mind he won't be a happy bunny not to mention the fact you might not want to touch customers who say they want a one offs

You could find your own canvasser but it might take you time and you might see many faces before you settle a team i know some who have so you also need to work out how much you are going to pay keep in mind average living costs in the uk no point trying 25% for a regular customer cos only a mad man would consider to work for that /emoticons/smile.png

All the good door knockers work for Safestyle UK but don't think you could afford them on the commision they earn /emoticons/biggrin.png

guess i shud bite the bullet and grow a pair of brazils and knock myself. just the thought of it makes me quiver lol

The worst ppl can say is no so give it a go /emoticons/wink.png

guess i shud bite the bullet and grow a pair of brazils and knock myself. just the thought of it makes me quiver lol

yano what im more worried bout. looking desperate begging for work. i know its a proven way to gain work ive read lots of info on line. but ive always looked at it this way, if people want a service they ring up themself without being pushed into it. not saying its wrong but i cant stand ppl knocking my door and calling my phone i get really nasty. /emoticons/happy.png

Pay peanuts, you get monkeys. To get someone who can price it for you, arrange for you to call around and be a good canvasser on top of that, you need someone who knows the game and I couldn't see anyone who knows the game working for low wages.

im the same pal only ever knocked once lol i need to do it tho.its just the look you get as to say who the F are you lol i dont have a nice face so dosent help lol
they used to be a guy on here way back when the forum 1st started and all he ever did was use flyers he made a very decent business out of it and a lot of cash.sound guy gave me a lot of advice never seen him on here tho for ages.inspired me

Flyers will get you work and alot of it with the right wording, but the work does tend to spread and not as compact as canvassing.

gotta knock aint i to stand a good chance. tomorrow after each job i will knock 2 doors either side of each house i do, its a start and least those people have seen me about.

Pull up at your job run around the road putting flyers though the letter boxs!!

do your job on that road so all the noisy neighbours can see you.

then knock on all the doors after works a treat

I hated the thought of it, but the work won't come looking for you, you need to go find it! Just say, I'm in your street every 4 weeks cleaning windows, just wondering if would you be interested in having yours cleaned? After the first few houses it will just roll off your tongue, then once you get your first few customers you will want to keep doing it!!

Just if I ever see that the windows are clean/ish then I wouldnt bother knocking as they more than likely have a cleaner, also check the tops aren't stinking as some people may try do their own bottoms..

Jd u are right which ever way u look at it it's begging for work , and yes if they really want you they will pick up the phone if you need alot of work fast u better start knocking if you are happy to cherry pick then sit back and drop thousands of leaflets you should get Couple per thousand those customers will on average be easier and not alot of hard work

maybe its part of the reason as to why we get Alot of messers when you canvass one min we are begging and the next we Are setting rules they must follow and how they must use us a certain amount of times a year they prob think hang on a sec you came to me ?? And now you wAna lay they law down /emoticons/wink.png

i have terms and cond on the bottom of my quote forms, min 72 hours notice for cancellation and other things like no cancellation because of rain. i wont work in thunderstorms as lightning can travel 12 miles. MIN 3 cleans or they get charged for a one off clean. ( 3 times the amount ) maybe get some kinda rubber to go round the pole lol

i have terms and cond on the bottom of my quote forms, min 72 hours notice for cancellation and other things like no cancellation because of rain. i wont work in thunderstorms as lightning can travel 12 miles. MIN 3 cleans or they get charged for a one off clean. ( 3 times the amount ) maybe get some kinda rubber to go round the pole lol
I'm amazed you can get work with terms and conditions on your quotes like these, if you do get the work though with them on then fair play to you.

I'm amazed you can get work with terms and conditions on your quotes like these, if you do get the work though with them on then fair play to you.
LOL me too. It all makes sense now lol!!!

Latest Posts

Back