Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hose reel mods

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kevinc250

thought i'd post a piccy of the mods i made to my hosereel,yes its a power up but the mods are the same for any clover type reel

you'll probably need to do these if when the reel is about full of hose and you can grab each side of the reel and try to move the sides-if they move or wobble theres a good chance the spider connecting the two sides together will snap-usually when you just don't need itView attachment 6158

the hosereel is around ten years old but as i have a spare one i get one re powder coated each year to keep them looking fresh,its had a new spindle with new collars with 4mm holes drilled where the webs are,this is for spraying a bit of wd40 down the spindle-its suprising what a difference that makes,

holes are drilled through the spider into both sides of the reel and pop rivets are used to hold it all together it makes the whole reel much more sturdy and stops the flexing that happens with these reels,pipe insulation and bubble wrap cover the spindle to hopefully stop the water freezing its quite a snug fit in there

all in all it didn't cost much to do all this and about an hour to complete it all maintainance wise its just a quick spray of wd every week to keep it all running sweet

thought i'd post a piccy of the mods i made to my hosereel,yes its a power up but the mods are the same for any clover type reelyou'll probably need to do these if when the reel is about full of hose and you can grab each side of the reel and try to move the sides-if they move or wobble theres a good chance the spider connecting the two sides together will snap-usually when you just don't need itView attachment 8887

the hosereel is around ten years old but as i have a spare one i get one re powder coated each year to keep them looking fresh,its had a new spindle with new collars with 4mm holes drilled where the webs are,this is for spraying a bit of wd40 down the spindle-its suprising what a difference that makes,

holes are drilled through the spider into both sides of the reel and pop rivets are used to hold it all together it makes the whole reel much more sturdy and stops the flexing that happens with these reels,pipe insulation and bubble wrap cover the spindle to hopefully stop the water freezing its quite a snug fit in there

all in all it didn't cost much to do all this and about an hour to complete it all maintainance wise its just a quick spray of wd every week to keep it all running sweet

That's interesting. I hadn't thought about getting a hose reel re powder coated. I would have thought the cost would be similar to a replacement reel.

That's interesting. I hadn't thought about getting a hose reel re powder coated. I would have thought the cost would be similar to a replacement reel.
if you are prepared to wait a week and are not too bothered about the colour then it can be as low as a tenner-cash back door way of course

however if you wanted a specific shade then the costs go up a tad

the reel in the pic was my wifes reel and was previously pink so it had to go:eek:

my now spare one will go off to them and hopefully come back bright orange or illumious green not decided yet

Latest Posts

Back