Would this fit in the boot of a vectra

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by azzy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. azzy

azzy Guest

Wondering if I put this in boot of vectra and only filled say 100 litres would it be ok on suspension? - I mean its not to far off the price of a trolley....

2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Its very much a grey area Azzy. While, on paper, a vectra would be able to cope with the weight of the full system (as it is a flat tank, the weight would be spread over a large area). I think your insurance company would take a very dim view indeed of you having something like that in the back of a car!. Is there a reason you dont have a van?.
  3. azzy

azzy Guest

Yeah wife has a car but uses it for work and i collect kids etc etc - need the car.....

But if i cud get trolley for 300ish that wud do me :)
  4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Have you not thought of one of those 'cab and a half' pickups?. You have a couple of small fold down seats behind the driver and passenger, but you still have a large load area. One of them, with a canopy might suit you fine. Look up ford ranger super (probably the cheapest and most common), nissan navara king cab, mitsubishi l200 club cab. You also get the drew cab vans, but they can be very pricey!.[hr]
    Meant crew cab vans :)
  5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

Apr 25, 2011
    to be honest you would be better of buying a trolly and containers, as to fit that in tax you would need to put back seats down

BUT if you have the estate version, i think a 350 upright fits in, also a 125 upright might fit in boot leaving you room

what vectra do you have
  6. azzy

azzy Guest

its not estate mate it just a 2lt tdi 5 door hatch butnhappy with trolley dolley if alot cheaper :)
  7. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

try this

or this
  8. azzy

azzy Guest

Thank you jambo - appreciate that .... Trolley system complete works out at 595 in vat

Not so sure about the back pack thing ??

Bayersan can do me complete package for 485..... pole brush the heap delivered... seems to be best out there
  9. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

that back pack is a 20 litre one and is mounted on a little trolley not bad for little jobs. if you have a look on ebay for that 1st trolley some people are doing it a bit cheaper plus thers a bloke called full clean center that does a 15ft pole with brush for 55 quid looks ok for a 1st pole and brush[hr]
    its the same company as that link i sent you selling them for 235 on ebay pretty sure that includes vat on there dont know how they can sell them cheaper on there