Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a job !!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

Quoted the gutters on this job (bungalow) only saw the front and sides as the customer was out when I quoted! So as it's a bungalow just went with the fact it could have a conny roof so charged a bit extra , the customer rang me up and said yes go ahead with that quote, then she said I have a small canopy round the back can you give that a wipe as well , yes no problem all in with the same price I said! I turned up today and oh my god
uregehav.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it might be hard to clean but this was ridiculous!!! Even ubik wouldn't help that much!! I charged £50 for the gutters and she ended up giving me £60 for the canopy thank god ! But I had to give my good friend her number as I couldn't get the little last bits off the roof and he has a jet wash . I was there for 3hrs!!! I would of charged £130 for this roof normally , check the after pic and zoom in you will see the little bits I have left because I couldn't get it off . She was happy with it but I said to her my friend can get the last bits off for her at a good price.
yjymabej.jpg

Yep lichen is a barstuard to get it all off. Still you done a great job for ten squid so when can you come and do mine /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tell customers before I start I will try to do the best job I can but lichen is really difficult to get off. I've also found ubik & virosol can leave staining where the moss and lichen had been as must be something to do with the chem reaction to the dirt/surface.

To be honest at first looking at the pic for a min I thought it was part of the main roof as it looked so bad.

You learnt a very good lesson on that quote me thinks

Quoted the gutters on this job (bungalow) only saw the front and sides as the customer was out when I quoted! So as it's a bungalow just went with the fact it could have a conny roof so charged a bit extra , the customer rang me up and said yes go ahead with that quote, then she said I have a small canopy round the back can you give that a wipe as well , yes no problem all in with the same price I said! I turned up today and oh my god
uregehav.jpg

I'm thinking would hypo been quicker to use but not sure if it would have damaged the fiberglass though.

Has anyone tried sodium hypochlorite (hypo) on fiberglass roof panels before?

@Njones have you?

Yup - the ones I tried it on were 30 years old & beyond saving though so I can't comment how it'd affect modern panels. It got the green grime off them though!

It was very tough I was scrubbing like a gooden , the ubik was ok to use just put a tiny bit in a pump spray you just have to be quick at scrubbing and rinsing it off lol

I sometimes attach my diy scrub pad or plastic scraper to a pole too as even the best wfp brush will struggle to remove lichen even when using chems like ubik.

i use hypo on a canopy i clean twice a year and its great on fibreglass , i wouldnt let it dwell for to long though

Cheers @mr shine

Just wondering now what dilution rate you would use on fibreglass if it was 14/15% hypo?

i use hypo on a canopy i clean twice a year and its great on fibreglass , i wouldnt let it dwell for to long though

As a last resort I used a mix with hypo in it on some black baked in grime on old white plastic gutters the other day . Even had to use as scrub pad as they were so bad. Came up quite well to be honest but still was a nightmare to do.

And yes I gave a price over the phone too so use old dogs still get it wrong sometimes /emoticons/biggrin.png

Neil, on that first pic i thought what canopy, the panels just look like roof tiles. Oh man i bet you were cursing lol.

I honestly think i would've told them that i didnt see it so therefore the quote is exactly only for original price/work to be done

That must of been i nightmare mate, well done you earnt some serious karma points there bud lmao

Neil, on that first pic i thought what canopy, the panels just look like roof tiles. Oh man i bet you were cursing lol.
I honestly think i would've told them that i didnt see it so therefore the quote is exactly only for original price/work to be done

That must of been i nightmare mate, well done you earnt some serious karma points there bud lmao
Exactly what I was thinking about roof tiles.

They scammed you mate, the 'can you just' after the quote has been given is the oldest trick in the book. That was beyond a 'can you just', that was a job in its own right. The way to play people atthere own game with this is to say "Sorry I didn't have timefor this today, but I can come back next week- it shoulnt cost more then £__'s". You'll either get more work out of it, or you will just get out of doing the job all together. If they agree to have you back, you can just say towards the end of the job "I've got a bit of time to do that canopy now if you like?"

Its all a game of chess with people like that.

Indeed... some do like to take the pee a wee bit.

Exactly what I was thinking about roof tiles.

They scammed you mate, the 'can you just' after the quote has been given is the oldest trick in the book. That was beyond a 'can you just', that was a job in its own right. The way to play people atthere own game with this is to say "Sorry I didn't have timefor this today, but I can come back next week- it shoulnt cost more then £__'s". You'll either get more work out of it, or you will just get out of doing the job all together. If they agree to have you back, you can just say towards the end of the job "I've got a bit of time to do that canopy now if you like?"

Its all a game of chess with people like that.

I had similar not so long ago. "Will your pole reach the finial on my conservatory?" I said yes it will. Anyway when I got there the finial was tucked away on an L shape conny. I thought bugger this for a freebie and left a note saying I would have to book it in separately. She hasn't got back to thank feck.

I had similar not so long ago. "Will your pole reach the finial on my conservatory?" I said yes it will. Anyway when I got there the finial was tucked away on an L shape conny. I thought bugger this for a freebie and left a note saying I would have to book it in separately. She hasn't got back to thank feck.

Back