Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would You Go Back?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I picked up one in a new estate because the guy sold out and new guy never came back.
Which estate?

I’ve just picked up a bunch in a street I’ve done for years. This one lad, nice guy, had one lot and I had (almost) all the rest. I approached him at least 3 times over the past few years to buy it off him. Everytime he said he would let me know. 6 months ago he just stopped turning up & wasn’t replying to folk. I’ve now gotten all his old customers. Didn’t cost me a penny, but would have happily paid him top dollar! I really don’t understand folk.

I don’t think anything has happened to him cause I still see his van out and about.

Which estate?

I’ve just picked up a bunch in a street I’ve done for years. This one lad, nice guy, had one lot and I had (almost) all the rest. I approached him at least 3 times over the past few years to buy it off him. Everytime he said he would let me know. 6 months ago he just stopped turning up & wasn’t replying to folk. I’ve now gotten all his old customers. Didn’t cost me a penny, but would have happily paid him top dollar! I really don’t understand folk.

I don’t think anything has happened to him cause I still see his van out and about.
Ferry Village, old side. I think I may get a load more.

I have no idea why she switched from the old person back to me. It’s true if he was WFP them I don’t see it being a huge difference, unless he really didn’t know what he was doing. More likely, he took it on in November, winter then bit and he never came back. It’s more than just the quality of the clean, it’s reliability and credibility, at least for the customers you want.

That all said, it might bite me in the bum. She was always a good payer and I have her on GC now, so time will tell if I’ll regret this. But I pass the flat regularly and it’s no bother to add in a stop.
Quite possibly not up to standard, there are plenty around that don't know what they are doing and never bother to up their game, but like a lot of us we put that effort in and give 100% thus we charge accordingly, the people that really value a better service will pay a higher price those that don't will jump ship maybe some more so now when they are having to be more mindful of their spending.

The job I mentioned previously it was a blessing to lose it as I was having to clean one of the rear bedroom windows from the neighbours with my 27ft pole plus two veluxs they had built on a big ground floor extension and it was putting strain on my shoulders a fair bit, not sure if their new cleaner will get permission from the neighbour who is one of my customers, so they may regret jumping ship more so.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back